Old 09-25-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, lest we forget

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lincoln "America's first tyrant"

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you're already well established as a troll using "economic freedom" to justify his racism, don't talk to me
Old 09-25-2007, 04:56 AM

Also, the reason you like guns so much is that you fear your genitals are inferior to the black man's
Old 09-25-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lincoln "America's first tyrant"

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you're already well established as a troll using "economic freedom" to justify his racism, don't talk to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, I hate the government, not black people.

Cliff notes:

Likes Black people
Hates Government

If you need more clarification on the differences in the two, PM me for assistance.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 AM

Please don't get into this with me, I've been doing this since before your balls dropped, and I'm from the South. I know your type.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the reason you like guns so much is that you fear your genitals are inferior to the black man's

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't know, never compared. Actually, the reason I like guns so much is that guns allow me to not have to rely on police to protect me, in the event of an emergency on the street, I'm as well equipped as a police officer, in the event of an emergency in my home, I'm more equipped than your average SWAT officer.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:03 AM

Yeah, if you have that much of a need for guns, you might be a serious sociopath. Don't worry, the black men will not break your doors down and rape your wives and daughters

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't get into this with me, I've been doing this since before your balls dropped, and I'm from the South. I know your type.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet money you can't even call my country of origin, since you know my "type" so well.

anyway i don't really want to talk to you anymore, people like you scare the [censored] out of me because people like me usually get shot by people like you out of your imaginary fears
Old 09-25-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The South wasn't defending slavery

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it was; the confederates defended the notion of states' rights, but one right in particular. imo citing states' rights is/was a copout and often an attempt to revise a dark segment of this nation's history

i just want to cite a few lines from the state of georgia's formal secession notice:

"A brief history of the rise, progress, and policy of anti-slavery and the political organization into whose hands the administration of the Federal Government has been committed will fully justify the pronounced verdict of the people of Georgia [the verdict of secession]. The party of Lincoln, called the Republican party, under its present name and organization, is of recent origin. It is admitted to be an anti-slavery party. While it attracts to itself by its creed the scattered advocates of exploded political heresies, of condemned theories in political economy, the advocates of commercial restrictions, of protection, of special privileges, of waste and corruption in the administration of Government, anti-slavery is its mission and its purpose. By anti-slavery it is made a power in the state. The question of slavery was the great difficulty in the way of the formation of the Constitution. While the subordination and the political and social inequality of the African race was fully conceded by all, it was plainly apparent that slavery would soon disappear from what are now the non-slave-holding States of the original thirteen. The opposition to slavery was then, as now, general in those States and the Constitution was made with direct reference to that fact."

[ QUOTE ]
the north wasn't fighting slavery.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not completely true, but for those who weren't i'm glad it ended anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]
The abolition of slavery just turned out to be the only positive outcome in an otherwise unjust war, against people who simply thought they had a better idea, which, once slavery is removed from the argument, imo, they did.

[/ QUOTE ]

the preservation of the union was also a good thing.

[ QUOTE ]
The South had these crazy ideas about lower taxation, less government involvement in peoples lives, and more freedom to trade with whomever they desired internationally, without excessive taxation. Do those "crazy" idea's sound familiar to anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

though the south had legitimate grievances, they pale in comparison to that other crazy idea.

[ QUOTE ]
Lincoln felt threatened by a growing State's Right's movement in the US, particularly, but not limited to, the southern region, and decided to use the US Military to quash it, allowing the beginnings of the massive government that FDR helped bring to an overwhelming (and overbearing) status.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is it shocking that the north attempted to preserve the union?

[ QUOTE ]
I really hope I've educated some of you who were taught in the public school system that the Civil War was fought over slavery.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, the audacity to even say that. slavery was one of various states' rights being defended, but it was an extremely important one as it was the backbone of the confederate/southern economy. imo it's pretty naive to try to remove slavery as one of the major reasons for the civil war.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank God for private schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: link to the rest of the state of georgia's secession from the union

the origin of many private schools in the south was to circumvent integration. (not particularly relevant, but you hate on public schools, i'll hate on private schools)

[ QUOTE ]
Just more proof that the government can destroy anything the citizens allow it to touch, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

obv anarchy is the answer. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] secession
Old 09-25-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet money you can't even call my country of origin, since you know my "type" so well.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm willing to bet the length of this conversation has way outpaced my interest in it

and that's a moot point anyway, so you're a subconsciously racist sociopath from a different country, who [censored] cares
Closed Thread