Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: TE
Witten vs NYG 3 42.86%
A Smith vs PHI 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: A question for those who love sitting next to fatties on planes...

[ QUOTE ]
Rather than imposing on the people in front, why don't you 7' tall freaks of nature cough up for a first class seat??

[/ QUOTE ]

Because $7k is a lot more than $1k.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 6'3 and I hate sitting in airplanes, I try really hard to get exit rows but sometimes it's not possible. People who recline their seats in coach are on my all-time hate list. The [censored] chair reclines like 10 degrees thereby not increasing your comfort in any way, shape or form. In fact, I'm pretty sure the whole concept of coach reclining was invented just to piss me off. All it serves to do is to make the person behind you unbearably uncomfortable.

Also, people who deserve to be shot on sight are those who recline and then don't even attempt to sleep, they just recline for God knows what reason.

Even with all of that, I'm not enough of a dick to use this product.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most seats are made for people about 5'9" or something, if not shorter, IIRC. Lots of them are very uncomfortable for people any taller, or who have bad backs. I'm a little less than 6'2" and have had a bad back since childhood(runs in the family), and my body is pretty messed up by the time I get off a plane if I can't recline the chair.

I know where you're coming from, but not all people are alike. Believe it or not, I have very often been jealous of how short and medium size people have the world basically built for them, and the rest of us pretty much have to just go f*ck ourselves.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am 6'5" 245 lbs. and can't stand when people slam their chairs into me. The worst is when they do and my kneees dig into their back and they turn around and give me a look. It is not my fault my knees dig into you, I can't make my legs shorter, sorry that you have to recline when you are 5'10".

Also, I try to get exit rows, but get absolutely livid when I see little old women, etc. sitting in them. I am oftentimes the tallest guy on the plane and yet no on in the exit rows is over 6' tall, WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

If one airline were to introduce a tall seating section, even if it's just 6 seats per plane, and allowed only people over 6' or 6'3" or somethign in them, I would fly a lot more and use that airline exlusively. I've been in the habbit of driving 8 or so hours instead of flying recently because of this.

I'm so over being tall, I'm done playing basetball, I can't find a car to seat my comfortably, I can't heel/toe shift because my legs are too long, hell with this!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rather than imposing on the people in front, why don't you 7' tall freaks of nature cough up for a first class seat??

[/ QUOTE ]

reroute to:
Old 09-24-2007, 06:01 PM

This thread reminds me of a few months back when I sat next to a grossly obese gentleman on a small regional jet. I emailed United and got a $100 voucher for my complaint. Here is a portion of my email conversation with customer service:

ME (original email):
... I have a complaint regarding my recent United trip on flight xxxx on 3/26/07 from xxx to xxx. This flight was on a Canadair Regional Jet with 2 by 2 seating - I had a window seat, # 11D. Sitting next to me was an extremely overweight man. After attempting to sit in his seat it became apparent that he could not fit. As there were no other open seats on the flight there was no option except to raise the armrest between our seats. With the armrest raised, this large individual occupied a significant portion of my seat and space. When I purchase an airline ticket, I feel that I am buying the right to a certain amount of space on the plane and the services associated with the seat. On this flight, the value my purchase was greatly reduced because my space was cut down by an overweight passenger. It is not fair that the other passengers paid the same price for more space on the plane than me. I have never had any problems with United, and I realize this incident is not a direct reflection on United's service or brand. However, I do feel there should be policies in place to protect the value of a purchased ticket - on this flight the value of my ticket was ravaged by an extremely large passenger who could not fit in his seat and took up much of my space....

United Response (after 2 weeks and follow-up email asking for response):

Thank you for contacting us. We are currently experiencing a high volume of emails, and I offer my apology for the delayed response to your message.

Mr. xxxx, I am sorry you were disappointed with your seating arrangements. Seats are designed for the average person and so don't easily accommodate someone like you have described. It's a very delicate situation to approach at check-in and we really can't refuse to accommodate someone under these circumstances. If the cabin isn't full, you may ask our attendants to try and find you a different seat. Please accept the attached travel certificate...
Old 09-24-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"You have 5 seconds to get those off my seat..."

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be worth an ass-beating just to watch you go to jail for trying to pull off some violence in the air.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:07 PM

Cool that they made good. Being grossly fat as a "lifestyle choice" is one of the more idiotic choices we're supposed to treat with respect.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 6'3 and I hate sitting in airplanes, I try really hard to get exit rows but sometimes it's not possible. People who recline their seats in coach are on my all-time hate list. The [censored] chair reclines like 10 degrees thereby not increasing your comfort in any way, shape or form. In fact, I'm pretty sure the whole concept of coach reclining was invented just to piss me off. All it serves to do is to make the person behind you unbearably uncomfortable.

Also, people who deserve to be shot on sight are those who recline and then don't even attempt to sleep, they just recline for God knows what reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being ridiculous. Reclining makes a HUGE difference in comfort on a plane. I always recline all the way, and no one's ever complained. For us under 6-footers, it makes no difference if the person in front of us reclines. Certainly if someone behind me complains, I would make a compromise, but I'm still waiting for that to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok maybe it's unfair of me to say that the recline doesn't help ANYBODY, just that personally I find the recline to be absolutely useless, and if anything actually makes things worse. However, I can say with a pretty huge amount of confidence that I get more suffering out of you reclining than you get enjoyment out of you reclining.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 PM

I'd notify the flight attendant.

Seems pretty easy. Then I'd inform them that he said he had liquid explosives in them.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being ridiculous. Reclining makes a HUGE difference in comfort on a plane. I always recline all the way, and no one's ever complained. For us under 6-footers, it makes no difference if the person in front of us reclines. Certainly if someone behind me complains, I would make a compromise, but I'm still waiting for that to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok maybe it's unfair of me to say that the recline doesn't help ANYBODY, just that personally I find the recline to be absolutely useless, and if anything actually makes things worse. However, I can say with a pretty huge amount of confidence that I get more suffering out of you reclining than you get enjoyment out of you reclining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. But we've done that thread before.