Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: UFC 76 - KNOCKOUT!!!

I can't believe there wasn't a single knockout on the entire card
Old 09-23-2007, 01:24 AM

I don't want to post this in the Sport Betting thread, because they take this stuff seriously and I'm just talking here, but if I were betting this MMA stuff, which I used to do, but lost, I would do this -

Q1. Is the underdog bigger and stronger than the favorite? If yes, bet. If not, pass.

Now this isn't always true, but most of these big upsets occur when the dog is the stronger, bigger man physically. Kongo, Jardine, Forrest, Rampage was a good bet vs Chuck and Dan (not sure if he was a dog vs Henderson but he was too strong), look tonight, Fitch too strong, GSP vs Kos (another fav winning but why? too strong.) I thought the Count should have lost to deaf kid underdog, but Count got bad lucky decision, deaf kid was what? Too strong. Always the same thing.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:28 AM

w
t
f

did anyone catch who sad poor wandy was after the show
Old 09-23-2007, 01:49 AM

i cant believe how fast Rua got tired ...mid 2nd round you could tell he was exhausted...

and chuck sux ...the ufc handed him a "gimme" and he couldnt even win that ..GG chuck..its a long road back to the top ..idk if he can beat any of the other good Lght Heavyweights (griffin, Rua, Henderson , silve , evans .. etc)
Old 09-23-2007, 03:10 AM

i have no idea wtf they're going to do with the 205 division now

who gets the next title shot? would it be totally ridiculous to just give it to silva coming off two straight losses? hes still a credible fighter and he owns rampage. i cant see them giving it to griffin or lyoto and i dont see who else is even an option.

silva/page in december and then have griffin/lyoto fight for the next shot maybe?
Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 AM

the other fights were entertaining, but lidell and jardine's fight was incredibly bad. chuck sucked, but i wasn't rooting for him anyways
Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 AM

Wow. Woooow. Totally surprised by a few things tonight.

Liddell would not be one of them...however, while I thought he would win...he just looked AWFUL. plain old awful. didn't adjust well, and had nothing to offer in the third round. i'm not sure how good liddell is, anymore.

i really don't want to see machida anywhere near a title shot. BORRRRRRING. i absolutely loathe his style.

god, i feel bad for sleeping on tyson griffin. he's a horse. i liked tavares a lot...but tyson is beyond impressive. i expect him to make big noise along with kenny florian in the lightweight division...

i'm really wondering how many times i'm gonna be disappointed by pride fighters. i absolutely loved cro cop and shogun's stuff in it...but god. cro cop for whatever reasons has disappointed me in ufc so far. and shogun...jesus christ. he got gassed so fast. wandy and henderson go without saying...they're legit in anything. i don't want to take anything away from forrest though...i love the guy. he's not the most skilled fighter...but he has a helluva lot of heart. he has to be mentioned in the 205 title hunt.

i slept on jon fitch. jesus christ. again, great fight. sanchez did miss out on some great opportunities to put him away...he looked very very impressive. i'd like to see him get a title shot soon.

it was a pretty satisfying card, i'd give it a 7.5/10. some disappointments, but definitely an enjoyable card...

also, who do they throw at randy next? big nog? winner of sylvia - vera?

i would love to see hughes - fitch, provided hughes wins against serra, which i really really think he will. though maybe st. pierre might be next in line...

but to be honest...i don't know who they throw at jackson next. i would looove to see forrest get a shot...he made a fan out of me tonight.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:06 AM

Well, I did end up getting this. I guess they will now have Houston Alexander vs. Wandy Silva with the winner getting a title shot. Either that or just give Liddell a title shot comming of the two losses.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i would love to see hughes - fitch, provided hughes wins against serra, which i really really think he will. though maybe st. pierre might be next in line...

[/ QUOTE ]

The 170 division is very deep. I would hate to see them keep recycling the same guys through the title fights. I'm sure that means that that's what they will do.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:15 AM

god, if they give liddell a shot i'll noose myself.

and i agree with the 170 statement...fitch should get the next shot imo, after the hughes - serra fight. maybe fitch - st. pierre for the shot? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

alexander vs silva makes sense.