Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: So, what was it?
Incredible Comeback! 3 10.00%
Incredible Choke! 27 90.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: PPA storming the Hill .....

Mason, you are a bit naive. This is NOT a PPA membership meeting or conference, it is a "bring troops to the Hill" effort.

While such issues should be advanced, it has nothing to do with this event.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: PPA Washington Fly-In October 22nd thru 24th

Engineer,

Very good then and glad to hear you say that. In fact I would hope those other board members realize that if you were to resign, then all their assertions about representing the base membership would be seen for a total crock.

However the criticisms of the board being conflicted by interests tied to only certain narrow schemes of online poker are still relevant. As are those directed at the PPA's lack of transparency.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Good for you TE. Your Board selection, and John's apparent push for membership involvement are progress in the right direction.

As for me, it is probably better that I stay away from DC, I AM a degenerate, no to mention an ass and a lot of other censored names.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason, you are a bit naive. This is NOT a PPA membership meeting or conference, it is a "bring troops to the Hill" effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Milton,

While that is strictly true, since the PPA refuses to substantively address those issues here (or anywhere), they then force them to be raised in other venues. The solution is for them to fully and forthrightly discuss them here. I again call for Greg Raymer, as both a PPA board member and long-time 2p2'er, to come here and address those issues.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Milton,

While that is strictly true, since the PPA refuses to substantively address those issues here (or anywhere), they then force them to be raised in other venues. The solution is for them to fully and forthrightly discuss them here. I again call for Greg Raymer, as both a PPA board member and long-time 2p2'er, to come here and address those issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear for a fact that the PPA considers 50 people at this "rally" a success. Are you kidding me?

Give me one pro for a few hours and I can put him or her in venue with all the crap to have a nice little 500 person crowd of enthusiastic poker players 80% ~ 90% of whom had never heard of the PPA before I told some of them. I don't have to be Karl Rove to pull this off, damn near any day of the week and twice as many on a weekend!

Come on are we really setting the bar that low?

D$D
Old 09-19-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Milton,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear for a fact that the PPA considers 50 people at this "rally" a success. Are you kidding me?

Give me one pro for a few hours and I can put him or her in venue with all the crap to have a nice little 500 person crowd of enthusiastic poker players 80% ~ 90% of whom had never heard of the PPA before I told some of them. I don't have to be Karl Rove to pull this off, damn near any day of the week and twice as many on a weekend!

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has set a number. My example was hypothetical The numbers we've discussed are higher.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Milton,

[/ QUOTE ]

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has set a number. My example was hypothetical The numbers we've discussed are higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god! Let me know if you want any of my free help or any of my contacts.

D$D
Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Tuff, ........ ..Sorta like Gandalf going up in Isengard to discuss deep matters with Saruman and leaving us little hobbits out here on a barrel of tabac while our "betters" hammer out a deal that may or may not screw us....

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh..?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tuff
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 PM

I think that the online poker rooms have not filed an Action for Declaratory Judgment because they may not have standing to file such litigation. The DOJ has not prosecuted any entity involved in the online poker industry. Also, no regs affecting the online poker industry have been issued pursuant to the UIGEA. Skall has explained this situation in prior posts better than I can.
I do wonder if the PPA could assist in either the iMEGA or Kaplan case, but maybe they cannot do anything that will make a difference. So I have no issue with the PPA or its board. I just do not think that they will make a difference in the near term. But I appreciate their efforts and those of TheEngineer and DeadMoneyDad.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:15 PM

Hi Bluff and Everyone Else:

There's something I want to make clear here which I think a few of you may misunderstand. It's that we want the PPA to be an effective organization that does a great job in defending the rights and needs of poker players everywhere. (This is why we are allowing them some access here.)

But for the PPA to be effective, in my opinion, there needs to be some improvements, and the lack of progress in this area should, again in my opinion, hold the PPA back from accomplishing its stated goals.

Best wishes,
Mason