Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Yeah So I wont be Dinking and driving anymore

[ QUOTE ]
There should be no drunk driving laws, there I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We could tie this into the second hand smoke thread. The rights of people who choose not to drink and drive should not infringe on the rights of drunk drivers to kill them.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there are also many small details in your story that are abs retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, let me clarify this for the mentally retarded.

When I do this, if they run off the road, I immediately pull over, while dialing 911. Then I get out, approach the driver and go "ZOMG, are you ok? What happened back there?" To which they reply "You rans me offf tha roadz, azzhooole" And I say "WHAT? You're drunk!" then argue with them until the police arrive, at which point they will waddle up to the officer, normally touching him/her in some fashion (Cops love being touched. Go try it sometime) and say "This Motherfuckre ran me off the road!" to which I calmly respond "No Sir/Maam, I didn't. I was driving along, and just as I passed this man/woman, I saw him/her drive off the road. I merely stopped to help, and be sure no one was injured"

then the officer responds "Thank you Sir, have a nice day" then hilarity ensues, as well as justice.

Hope that helps. If you're still having trouble with your reading comp, PM me, I'll provide further assistance, as well as an mp3 file of me reading this post, if needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats your tally up to with this tactic? i would be surprised if its higher than the amount of family members you lost to drunk drivers.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There should be no drunk driving laws, there I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the current laws are redic, and hate them strongly. Even I don't believe this to be true though. I just think that the judgement should be done by some sort of reaction test instead of a breathalyzer. This way we could keep old people off the road as well as people who can't handle their booze while driving.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:01 AM

I pray that rebelrebel is a gimmick account. Somehow even if he is I bet there's other d'bags out there like him. The world will always have crazy people.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:08 AM

rebel,

if i ever ran into someone like you and i was over the legal limit, i would be going to jail for much more than a DWI. you would be going to the ER.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
instead of drunk drivers we should arrest [censored] drivers

a lot of people just suck at driving, drunk or sober

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time I even hint at this notion it goes nowhere. People with an agenda seem to construe it as 'omg you're saying everybody should down a fifth and then run over little kids, u monszter!'
Old 09-15-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. How many of your family members have been killed by litter?

[/ QUOTE ]

So when you launch into this whole big vigilante justice soliloquy, with the astute observation that the person even slightly intoxicated will never be believe, just how hard is it to ignore the huge gaping hole in logic of you saying you're justified because, get this, you're relatives "we're killed by drunk drivers"?

Srsrly, give us all a lesson about how the mind of a willfully obtuse person works.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Japans new DUI Laws are insane.

1. Driving Under the Influence, BAC .08 or higher
Previous maximum sentence: Imprisonment with hard labor not to exceed 3 years or a fine not exceeding 500,000 yen
New maximum: Imprisonment with hard labor not to exceed 5 years or fine not exceeding 1,000,000 yen.
2. Driving While Impaired, BAC .03 to .79
Previous maximum sentence: Imprisonment with hard labor not to exceed 1 year or a fine not exceeding 300,000 yen
New maximum: Imprisonment with hard labor not to exceed 3 years or a fine not exceeding 500,000 yen
3. Providing an intoxicated person with a vehicle (new law)
Maximum sentence: Same punishment as a drunken driver receives shall be applied.
4. Providing a person with alcohol who subsequently gets a DUI or DWI (new law)
Maximum sentence: Imprisonment with hard labor not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding 500,000 yen for DUI; 2 years imprisonment, 300,000 yen fine for DWI
5. Riding as passengers in a vehicle operated by an intoxicated person (new law)
Maximum sentence: Imprisonment with hard labor not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding 500,000 yen for DUI; 2 years imprisonment, 300,000 yen fine for DWI
6. Rejecting balloon (sobriety) test
Previous maximum punishment: Fine not exceeding 300,000 yen
New maximum: Confinement not exceeding 3 months or fine not exceeding 500,000 yen
7. Hit and run
Previous maximum sentence: Confinement not exceeding 5 years or fine not exceeding 500,000 yen
New maximum: Confinement not exceeding 10 years or fine not exceeding 1,000,000 yen

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
They should do this in America too.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who has lost three family members to drunk drivers, Japans law's (And America's) seem very weak.

In RebelRebel's world, 1-6 would be about the same, except change Yen to $$.

Also, #7 would be about double, and if you kill someone in a drunk driving accident, you should be treated the same way as if you put a gun to their head and pulled the trigger, as it is the same crime.

FWIW, whenever I see a driver weaving, I pull up in my SUV and attempt to run them into a ditch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucks that you lost people to drunk driving. But maybe you are biased on the punishments beacuse you have lost so much to it?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

4. Providing a person with alcohol who subsequently gets a DUI or DWI (new law)

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this apply to bar / club / restaurant / store staff?

nh idiotic laws.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:02 AM

#5 seems ridiculously unjust
Closed Thread