Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: 400: What a Sweet Ending

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at this hand...seriously, if you bet $27 and get raised then its such an easy shove that its ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement sounds as ridiculous to me as mine must have sounded to you.

Please tell me how you get to this flop with 11 times the pot left in your stack with a tight player on a drawless, paired board and say to yourself "I'm happily committed." THAT sounds ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because tight players usually don't cold call a bet from the blinds with a hand with a 9 in it, but they do cold call TT, JJ.

People also love to c/r cbets on paired boards like this w/ any pocket pr.

(Edit: I wouldn't shove flop though I would call and shove turn)
Old 09-15-2007, 03:03 PM

what donk said. Also, I didn't necessarily mean that I'm shoving flop (although I sometimes would), but rather that I'm not folding it at any point.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at this hand...seriously, if you bet $27 and get raised then its such an easy shove that its ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement sounds as ridiculous to me as mine must have sounded to you.

Please tell me how you get to this flop with 11 times the pot left in your stack with a tight player on a drawless, paired board and say to yourself "I'm happily committed." THAT sounds ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because tight players usually don't cold call a bet from the blinds with a hand with a 9 in it, but they do cold call TT, JJ.

People also love to c/r cbets on paired boards like this w/ any pocket pr.

(Edit: I wouldn't shove flop though I would call and shove turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...if I knew that was the case, then what you're saying makes more sense. However, if an aggressive PF stealer opens from MP, I'm sticking around (at least)in the blinds (actually anywhere) with 89s,T9s and the like.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:09 PM

I'd look at my pokertracker stats for those hands from the blinds if I were you. I think they are losers.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 PM

Doing the same thing on this flop 100% of the time with this hand seems like a pretty clear error to me.

This is a board where the turn card is relatively unlikely to change things too much and we rarely have a hand that wants three streets of value so whether we use the flop as one of the streets to invest money or wait until the turn isn't of very great importance. If checking will cause him to misconstrue our range and make mistakes on the next two streets then that can easily outweigh any benefits of betting this flop... protect against a two-outer? pfft. the only way to protect your hand is to make him fold, and we don't want him to fold... getting value from your hand and protecting your hand are mutually exclusive. this is clearly a spot where value far outweighs protection so if he's gonna end up with the best hand at the end, there's nothing we can do about it other than make sure we don't lose more than we should.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doing the same thing on this flop 100% of the time with this hand seems like a pretty clear error to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you replying to my post and saying that bet/calling this flop all the time is an error?
Old 09-15-2007, 03:37 PM

I'm replying to everyone and no one.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm replying to everyone and no one.

[/ QUOTE ]

about any hand and any flop
Old 09-15-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what donk said. Also, I didn't necessarily mean that I'm shoving flop (although I sometimes would), but rather that I'm not folding it at any point.

[/ QUOTE ]

soah already mentioned that the turn card is most likely to change nothing. So, if we call a raise on the flop, and saying reevalute, we're not looking at his cards, but rather his bet...just a thought to throw out there.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

soah already mentioned that the turn card is most likely to change nothing. So, if we call a raise on the flop, and saying reevalute, we're not looking at his cards, but rather his bet...just a thought to throw out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be reevaluating and didn't say that. If I just called the flop then I'd be c/r the turn like donk suggested.