Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Timex\'s Well

How much have you made total?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:25 PM

What do you look for in a stakee? Is there anyone you feel was a big gamble/ wasn't incredibly accomplished at the time that you staked?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 PM

Warning: these answers will be lamer than you expected

Why 'timex'?
Since I was super underage, and didnt want me 2+2 account associated with my party/ub etc accounts, I just chose the first thing that came to mind, which was my watch.

Do you play BJ? Estimated wins/losses? (B/c of your Stars ID)

I used to blackjack whore about 2 years ago, I ran semi good on the sticky bonuses, so maybe like ~+1k not counting bonuses. I never intended on getting into online poker and had been watching family guy so I didn't put much thought into the name.

How many ppl you backing for WCOOP?

Too many

Story behind the avatar?

A tree hit a power line on my street, so I got my friend(ibluffuout4) to cover my $3 FO, and when I came back, he had changed this to my image on Stars, I figured I may as well make it the same on 2+2

How much have you made total?

If you include stakiing, like 1.7ish, maybe closer to 1.6 after WSOPe
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but because some people I know make unneccessary purchases I could never make and yet skimp on necessities, iono, I guess I'd be the same whether I had money or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
am I one of the people you are referring to, in "some people"?

do you think I should continue to play poker? if so, what should I specifically be doing that would help me become a top player?

what do you think my greatest strengths / weaknesses are?

is there anything that I need to stop doing / start doing to improve my life?

if appropriate, PM me instead of replying here
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 PM

Timex,

Nah wasn't fishing. . Your WSOP team was impressive, and a few others who I think might have been staked by you I consider v good.

I figure you know online players than I do, wanted to know who you thought was good.

I'll try a diff question: You can have 10 people's action in WCOOP (pretend there was no horse event). Who do you take?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:55 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

do you plan on living in canada forever?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:01 AM

Rhino when you're here for Aussie Millions?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:03 AM

am I one of the people you are referring to, in "some people"?

I didn't have you in mind because you play poker, I was more talking about people who buy like CDs instead of course notes.

do you think I should continue to play poker? if so, what should I specifically be doing that would help me become a top player?

Don't fall asleep while playing, try to get out of the "waiting for the big score" mindset and grind whatever you think you can do best at. If the 60/45s dry up, go play like 100k hands of each limit as you move up.

what do you think my greatest strengths / weaknesses are?

Strengths- you are like smarter/can focus more than basically everyone
Weaknesses- I think most of your weaknesses are not so much how you play the game, but I think balance is one thing. Playing like 60k hands in a week is enviable, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure it can be detrimental, try to balance poker and other things as much as possible(lolz, I'm posting on a poker forum at 5am telling someone to balance)

is there anything that I need to stop doing / start doing to improve my life?

I dunno, go for more normal girls, take school somewhat seriously, try winning final tables

You can have 10 people's action in WCOOP (pretend there was no horse event). Who do you take?

Thayer, watts, stevejpa, stealthmunk, actionjeff, ZJ(if he plays on stars), MrSmokey, zangbezan, andy mclown, westmenlo

Its possible I forgot some people who should be obvious picks with so many mixed game events, but these were 10 that came to mind pretty quickly, and would all almost certainly be in my top 20.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 AM

How do you feel about the fact that the two times you have had a piece of me live, I have lost a total of ~900bbs in a total of ~3 hours of live play, mainly on 3 hands in which I flopped sets? Bitter?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:12 AM

Rhino when you're here for Aussie Millions?

Heh, possibly

How do you feel about the fact that the two times you have had a piece of me live, I have lost a total of ~900bbs in a total of ~3 hours of live play, mainly on 3 hands in which I flopped sets? Bitter?

I feel like I should have known that your style of play won't work well with these deep structures. I regret my mistake, but not too much.