Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: hands/hr. in a live game?

[ QUOTE ]
With their new system they can track racked hands/hour, but I suspect this is not public knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they tracking with the shufflemaster or are they doing something else? The shuffle numbers are ofter a hair short (how much short depends on the game) because there will be an occasional hand shuffled hand.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:12 PM

I briefly worked in a room which had a tracking system. There was a sensor in the drop slot.

As best as i could tell the system sucked at giving an actual dealer average because the software did not allow them to sort by game type. Well guess how many hands per down it counted when a dealer dealt a tournament --0 because there was no drop. And when a dealer dealt a game with a time charge there was 1 hand per down. And since we were supposed to swipe in to a table when sitting dead spread that would drive down the average. And also if the game was tight and there were many hands without a rake that would drive down the average.

Now these were pretty much software issues, and it seemed to me that with a little programming work the system could have been much better though there would still be some issues.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:21 PM

Probably around 28 or so in the NLH games where I play outside Chicago.

I know im a good player and ive probably only played appraoximately say 30-40K hands..

To assume the only way to assertain if you are playing at a high level or not is results over a statistically valid span well thats a bit too rigid and 2+2 Dogmatic...youve got to understand 2+2 culture and group think.

Online is always a bette option than live.

Math is everything.

Physcial reads barely exist...

2+2 is wonderful but there are limits to the wisdom held in within its intellectual boundaries.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With their new system they can track racked hands/hour, but I suspect this is not public knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they tracking with the shufflemaster or are they doing something else? The shuffle numbers are ofter a hair short (how much short depends on the game) because there will be an occasional hand shuffled hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an LED or IR something or other in the drop slot that counts each time the rake drops.