Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Because of the legislation, have you switched sites? If so where?
Absolute 2 4.88%
Bodog 1 2.44%
Full Tilt 15 36.59%
PokerRoom (Ongame) 1 2.44%
Poker Stars 5 12.20%
Ultimate Bet 3 7.32%
World Poker Exchange (WPX) 1 2.44%
Other 2 4.88%
Haven't left or don't need to leave 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s NFC Rankings (Week 1)

Football Outsiders is all over the place at start of season generally, no? Until the preseason and past performance is weeded out and most of projections are based only on now. Yeah? The standard ratings are usually way off too. I don't think week one rankings are too useful.

Only thing I learned was the best teams still seem to be very good. Everyone else is who knows for now...
Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 PM

The 2007 Giants and Packers defense are not comparable at all
Old 09-11-2007, 02:01 PM

Stop putting the Eagles so high, they are not that good. Carolina is way too low.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:12 PM

Leinart didn't look great in week one, but the Cards looked way better in all the area's they were awful last year. If Leinart's play is their biggest concern this year it probably means they are going to be a winning team...

/edit I also thought they completely outplayed the 49ers, in SF...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:22 PM

The Cardinals are cursed.

Also did anyone think it was dumb to run it up the gut on 3rd and long with over 3:30 left. They have giant exceptional recievers, shouldn't they be able to convert that.. The Monday night team was saying how smart it was to run, and then later after they were about to lose were second guessing it. I thought that was a stupid play since the 49ers will have time enough either way.

Also Seahawks are too low, should be #1 because they have the best team overall in the conference. The defense has looked better than it did in their super bowl year, and much better than last year in the secondary and at defensive end. Add healthy SA (still runs like a girl when not near the endzone) and hasselback and they are really good.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:40 PM

hey is phili's run stopping really that good, or was it a combo of gb's being that bad ?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey is phili's run stopping really that good, or was it a combo of gb's being that bad ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of both. Green Bay's offensive line should be better than it played this week, but they don't have a running back.

However, the Eagles have a very deep and much improved front seven that I thought played quite well. They got rid of Walker, who is a good pass rushing DT but not good against the run.

I don't think Philly will have an elite rushing defense this year, but they will be better than last year. Probably above average and maybe, just maybe, top 10.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was just the Packers running game being really bad...
1.Started rookie Brandon Jackson at RB, do to injuries to Morency.
2.Packers FB was also a Rookie.
3.Only 16 rushing attempts
Hopefully Jennings and Morency play next week. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Cardinals are cursed.

Also did anyone think it was dumb to run it up the gut on 3rd and long with over 3:30 left. They have giant exceptional recievers, shouldn't they be able to convert that.. The Monday night team was saying how smart it was to run, and then later after they were about to lose were second guessing it. I thought that was a stupid play since the 49ers will have time enough either way.

Also Seahawks are too low, should be #1 because they have the best team overall in the conference. The defense has looked better than it did in their super bowl year, and much better than last year in the secondary and at defensive end. Add healthy SA (still runs like a girl when not near the endzone) and hasselback and they are really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think given how shaky ML had looked and the great job 9ers secondary had been doing it made sense. A reverse with Boldin or a screen, dump pass to the RB might have made a bit more sense.

The one thing Wiz needs to do is get a bit more creative with his play calling esp when you have a weapon like Boldin.

Can't wait to see how they do vs. Seahawks.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Always enjoy reading your writeups, PF. My disagreements:

-I think we'll always disagree on the EAgles, so I'll just leave that alone for now. But notice that they are running away with your poll choice for "ranked too high", so maybe just maybe you're being a bit of a homer there, no?

-Green Bay is not that good. Their offense is bottom 5 in the league. Their defense is good but not great enough to carry them.

-Carolina is majorly underrated. They won a road game against a decent team going away. Much of the time they have the best player on the field regardless of whether they are on offense or defense.

-Your Dallas ranking is just baffling to me.