Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: METS!
METS! 6 100.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: 2p2 Creditworthiness

Dids - hahah I actually didn't understand what he meant at first either (thought "7k" was some weird credit score term or something, even googled it).

Thanks KK - actually I'm always trying to quit 2p2 so it's a bit of a mixed milestone for me haha [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Al
Old 09-04-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is now depressing me, because I just wish I was in a position to do something where my credit score actually mattered.

Seattle + 40K a year = apartments.

Lord I need to marry rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seattle is on the high side, but it could be worse [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

actually, if you look at just the coasts (all of the West, north of DC) Seattle becomes reasonable. cheaper than:

San Fran/Bay area
LA
San Diego
New York
DC
Boston

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point is that Seattle is reasonable relative to like the top 6 housing markets in the nation?

It's just frustrating in a "world is unfair" way that I could afford a nice ass house in my hometown, but without doubling my income one way or anything, if I want to stay here (which I do) I'm pretty much hosed.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it all depends on you look at it. if being near the ocean, having access to cool outdoors stuff, and being in a good sized, cosmopolitan city is important to you, then Seattle can be a reasonable choose. those are things which contribute to high valuations. it helps explain why a Dallas or Chicago or Las Vegas or Denver can be cheaper.

so, other major, nice cities near the coasts are probably better comps than smaller towns further inland.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:24 PM

and contributing something to this thread besides a hijack: 700.

I could be better at paying credit card bills on time and I have a decent chunk of loans outstanding. no bad debt, just lots of it.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never had a credit card, taken a loan out for anything, and have paid all tickets and fines in a timely manner. What is my credit score?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know, but probably not that good because your lack of a record makes you a wild card in the eyes of lenders. Are you a student? There was a thread in BFI or the dorm recently about student credit cards that you should look into.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:33 PM

Eff Experian. I'm 740+ on the Transunion and Equifax, but I've been fighting Experian for four years over my credit report. Just when I get rid of the crap, they put more new crap on it. I'm 650 on Experian because they've doubled outstanding loans (twice), they've put someone else's crap on my report (four times), they magically added a long paid-for college loan, and they added a 10 year old debt that was challenged and cleared 10 years ago. I couldn't buy a car from the dealer a few years ago because that dealer used Experian exclusively and returned a sub-600 credit score. I was stunned. I had to find a dealer that used one of the other two while I fought Experian.

DIAGF EXPERIAN!

Credit agencies are one of the biggest scams going and somehow it's all legal.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's around 600. Hooray for terrible decisions while 18!

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a lot of these around 21, and by the time I was like 25 or 26 mine was back into pretty good shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't particularly care that my credit is bad - it's actually sort of a good thing. It stops me from making even more stupid decisions, and forces me to think about paying for things in cash, which is nice.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

I've never had a credit card, and I've never borrowed from a bank, so my credit score probably does not exist yet.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:47 PM

Quick - my parents enrolled me in student credit cards to start building up my credit history back in college.

In general I think it's pretty important to establish some kind of credit history. The difference between a subprime credit score (<620) and a very good one means not only a ton of interest money out the door on all your debt, but could severely impact your ability to even get a loan.

-Al
Old 09-04-2007, 02:47 PM

I'm around 720, would be higher but I have a high amount of revolving debt right now due to balance transfers (but fortunately almost all of it is locked at 0% for life).
Old 09-04-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a horrible credit rating. I just put down my parent's address as my last place of residence though. Theirs is like triple-A so I can get whatever I want. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure I understand this. Putting their address down shouldn't have any effect on your credit score. In fact, putting your name on their credit card won't have any effect anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in the UK, not US. Also my rating was trashed while in Ireland. Here they ask for your current and previous address and how long you were there and somehow work it out from that.