Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Moving from Playdough to Real Dough

I saw a site that sold play money a long time ago but i don't remember the address, but I'm sure if you google sell pokerstars play money there are a few sites out there.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:33 PM

google "pokerstars selling playmoney", and you'll get a list of sites buying/selling playmoney at different rates.

You'll chat to an operator telling how to proceed, and he'll than transfer you real money to your pokerstars account (it can be 0$ balance).

If don't feel safe about the site, try selling off 1M first, see it works, than sell the other 1M the next day.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:54 PM

UPDATE: I now have been playing cash since the 5th of September and built my stack from the initial $50 to $443. I am trying to read as many instructional posts on 2+2 as I can in order to improve and not donk off all my winnings. Just thought I'd let you all know. Thanks for your help!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:34 PM

Janelle,

Wow, I'm impressed! Just stay within your bankroll and you'll be fine. I'm sure you've read about the different systems: your buyin should be no more than x% of your bankroll OR move up when you have 30 buy-ins and move down when you have 10, etc.

What are you playing? Cash, SNG?

Continued good luck and good fortune to you.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:25 AM

Good freaking lord Janelle, how'd you do that? I've been playing since July and I've only made like 20 bucks haha, not including RB though.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:15 PM

hey, just something i didn't see covered that i wish i'd had thought out a bit better. if you only have played play money at full tilt i think you can still sign up with rake back, not sure if anyone mentioned that or not, didn't see it. Also stars does have the lower limits, which you could use to build up your money and take better advantage of the first deposit bonus at Full tilt. sorry if this was covered i only skimmed the replies thus far
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE: I now have been playing cash since the 5th of September and built my stack from the initial $50 to $443. I am trying to read as many instructional posts on 2+2 as I can in order to improve and not donk off all my winnings. Just thought I'd let you all know. Thanks for your help!

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy PokerTracker and Poker Ace Heads Up display. You're flying blind otherwise.

It's very hard to tell if you are just running hot, or if you're playing well without the stats to assess your play.

You also won't have as much opportunity to improve your game without the ability to analyze your play the way PT lets you analyze it.

EDIT: Ok, I just saw some post about PT's website being hacked and to avoid PT downloads until that's fixed. So, caveat emptor. But my point about getting hand analysis and HUD software is still good. Don't fly blind. None of the regulars on-line play without these tools, and neither should you.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Thanks, I have been playing cash PLO Omaha. I started at the 5c/10c table and then when I got to $350 bucks profit I was told I should move up to 10c/25c and from there I got to 526, so I thought I better cash out my original $50. It took 3 days before it went to my epassporte, but then I thought why not have a pokerstars account too! I pulled in the $50 on pokerstars and am going to try and have the same success there. Thanks for the support!

I was told about staying within 30Buyins after I moved up on this forum. I should be still playing 5c/10c according to that rule. I thought you can play 5% which is why i did 25PLO. So I am still playing some at the 5c/190c and some at the 10c/25c. If I lose some I move back down... regain confidence.. then move back up. I find my state of mind is very important and my energy level.

Thanks again for the nice post.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 PM

Yes, I didn't realize it but I read some posts on here and signed up thanks!!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:18 PM

Actually I used up my free 1,000 hands on Omaha Poker Tracker and didn't have a clue how to use it.. then lol the last day when I got to my 1K hands I discovered playing back your hands and it showing winning %s and thought ahhh damn wish I knew it earlier lol!

BTW I dont know what Poker Ace Heads Up is.. is it relevant to Omaha? TY