Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 AM

Default Re: please convince me to quit poker forever or something

If you were beating higher stakes you wouldn't be busto.

NL10 is easy. Just don't play with 10% rake. That's just sick. But NL10 with normal rake (+ rakeback even) is easy.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:31 AM

keikiwai,

i wish people respected my raises [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 09-04-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know where this turned into an "I am so pathetic that I can't beat nl10" thread, but uh, I beat higher stakes at a better clip than I beat nl10. I probably struggle with nl10 because I play aggressively, and all the advice about nl10 thus far is "sit around and set mine and play abc," and I prefer to play HU or 6max, play position, mix up my play and generally do pretty much exactly the opposite of the "life nit" classification I gave myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you're in denial

if you beat higher stakes, then play higher stakes

but i seriously doubt you can beat higher stakes but not 10nl

it's the typical "omg if i could just move up to where they respected my raises" excuse that makes no sense

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I am quite seriously that I beat nl25 and nl50 and I don't beat nl10. It is going to be a massive pain in my ass to load pokertracker onto the pc I have upstairs (I don't have windows on my mac yet) but if i need to freaking prove it I will.

Could someone please come out of the woodwork and agree with me that nl25 is easier than nl10?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:44 AM

you probably dont understand theory that well if thats true. you have likely just stumbled onto a strategy that works without knowing why (grimstarr).
Old 09-04-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone please come out of the woodwork and agree with me that nl25 is easier than nl10?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not easier, you're just refusing to adjust your game to a 10NL profitable style from your usual 50NL style.

Honestly: play hands cheaply pf, flop monsters, bet, win.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know where this turned into an "I am so pathetic that I can't beat nl10" thread, but uh, I beat higher stakes at a better clip than I beat nl10. I probably struggle with nl10 because I play aggressively, and all the advice about nl10 thus far is "sit around and set mine and play abc," and I prefer to play HU or 6max, play position, mix up my play and generally do pretty much exactly the opposite of the "life nit" classification I gave myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you're in denial

if you beat higher stakes, then play higher stakes

but i seriously doubt you can beat higher stakes but not 10nl

it's the typical "omg if i could just move up to where they respected my raises" excuse that makes no sense

[/ QUOTE ]

Keikiwai

PLease explain how you can be advising this poor fellow, when your actions today cost me a kings ransom by finishing second to CHUMP. Also, HH please. May not respond immediately as Mrs Kiwi away, and I just noticed Janis N's Avatar
Old 09-04-2007, 06:14 AM

Old 09-04-2007, 06:22 AM

whelp that's about all I need. Time to quit. gg all.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:32 AM

Here is a way for you to build a legitimate bankroll OP:

I'll bet you 2k that I can turn 200 dollars into 600 dollars in less than 30k hands at 10 NL.

Or something like that.

Whatever the terms of the bet, since you are busto, you can ship me 10 easy payments of 200 dollars.

P.S.- I haven't played 6 max in over a year.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:37 AM

saucy I hate to say it because I liked your OP but Alobar is just dead on and your inability to acknowledge that leads me to the same conclusion he did, you're just not cut out for poker. There's absolutely no shame in that though, but I really really recommend you to give up.

The only other alternative is to deposit a small amount and work your way up with proper bankroll management, which you haven't followed ever as far as I can tell (15-16 buyins is not enough for a pretty bad player who's trying to improve, and that's what you are even at NL10). Also you'd need to decide on one game/limit you like and only play that because jumping around and never really learning isn't going to cut it.

Bankroll management and tilt control (I'm sad to say I see you stop following bankroll management after a week) or quit. Quit being the better choice I believe.

gl

Edit: Also what I forgot to mention is that you would absolutely need to humble down a couple notches and realize you can't beat micro stakes, and become focused on improving and understanding what mistakes you're making to allow this to happen. Completely necessary and critical (though a long process to learn) because now you lack the analytical tools to evaluate your and others' games.