Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: 25NL video by ssnler

on the first vid, just before the 30min point, i lose video. audio continues flawlessly, but screen freezes. this happening to anyone else?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:51 PM

Thanks, the video is a good learning tool for me. Keep them coming. Do I need to invest in the HUD or poker tracker as I havnt used either before?
Thanks again
Old 09-03-2007, 03:49 PM

Edit:
Download of #2 finished, DL of #1 just started. I'll give feedback once I'm done watching them.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, the video is a good learning tool for me. Keep them coming. Do I need to invest in the HUD or poker tracker as I havnt used either before?
Thanks again

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are planning to play poker more seriously than 1 or 2 days a week playing the micro stakes for fun then yes, they are initial tools for a learning poker player and they don't cost that much.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:22 PM

What is on 8/7/07?
Some birthday/anniversary?
Old 09-03-2007, 04:32 PM

I'm just going to comment as I watch.
#2:
Somewhere between min 5 and 7 you have a pair of Js on a pretty drawy board at the SW table and comment that this is a pretty easy call. Just for straight value I assume. But since I'd put that guy on a straight or 2P mainly I think it's not such an easy call if you plan on folding to the next bet if you don't hit (as you did)

The situation where you 3 bet 43s at the NW table around min 18:
He calls that bet and without further reads I tend to give people a tightish range there. I'd say JJ+ and AK.
AK missed, AA and KK are in pretty good shape on that flop and I'd assume he calls/raises there about equally (depending on how scared he is of flushes).
QQ is in excellent shape ldo and JJ can call a bet and see what you do.
The second Q is a pretty good card to fire again though because if he's really conservative he might fold AA/KK. He'll fold AK/JJ for sure and if he was on the FD he's folding that as well.
Not sure though this would be interesting to discuss. I'd say I lean 2nd barrel but it's very close. He's probably going to put you on AQ, KQ or a set of Ts. But I also like having the discipline to just give up there, I think I might just not have it and cost me a bunch of chips because of my greed :P
Old 09-03-2007, 07:24 PM

I watched your 2nd video and I want to thank you! It was very interesting. In fact I relized that in the right circumstances, I have to be more agressive preflop.

I think you message was that against tight players, you can loosen up your preflop 3 bet range, BUT postflop play standart poker. I think I hesitate too often in re-raised pots to contibet, especially if the A comes. Another important thing I noticed is to know when to tighten up when other players are playing back. I see a lot of decent tight players 3 betting preflop and postflop against the table maniac because they think he must be bluffing.

I like you style of play, because if someone with that style is on my table if leave it because I HATE playing against such players. I should have thought about it before and copying some of their play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 PM

tried playing like this, worked for a little while, then lost my $50 bankroll lol playing 10NL...pockets 3s hit, but someones pocket ks hit too. yeah that cost me a buyin lol.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:03 PM

nice video (: will post some comments after I watch it again and the 2nd vid
Old 09-03-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is on 8/7/07?
Some birthday/anniversary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the day I tilted and lost like 4.5k [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I think eventually we all someday learn our "tilt lesson", and I thought I had it under control but for some reason I just snapped that day. Though it was more like I lost 2.5k to pure tilt, the other 2k was from just running poorly.

[ QUOTE ]
Somewhere between min 5 and 7 you have a pair of Js on a pretty drawy board at the SW table and comment that this is a pretty easy call. Just for straight value I assume. But since I'd put that guy on a straight or 2P mainly I think it's not such an easy call if you plan on folding to the next bet if you don't hit (as you did)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're talking about the J9s hand on AT98 board, yeah the call was definitely for the straight. He minraised, giving me direct odds to call, even if he wasn't gonna pay me off much if I hit.

I think if anything, second barreling the Q could be good, however I really just didn't have a good understanding of the player at that point. Second barreling absolutely requires that you have prior knowledge that the villain is capable of floating (or folding made hands I guess, but it's thin there), which I felt wasn't that feasible at 25nl (since not many players even do it at 200nl). Of course, folding out JJ+ is a huge plus, but then again he would probably still felt KK+ simply because it's an overpair.

Glad you took something away from that Slimbo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

ULcajun: yep, I definitely just recommend playing tight preflop at around 10nl. I never played 10nl but at 25nl I think my stats were something like 20/12, suffice to say I didn't 3bet light ever back then and I cold called and limped a lot. I still ended up a winner, but I think playing even 18/13 or so might be profitable. Though stats shouldn't dictate your play (you obviously adjust to table conditions), I just feel that trying to play lag all the time is just complete unnecessary. For what it's worth, I only play around 22/18 at 200nl.

Thanks for the comments overall, guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].