Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Rodney Harrison to be suspended for HGH violation

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason people care about baseball roids is because fans care too much about stats, records considered divine, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be fine, if they just came out and admitted as much, instead of pontificating that the goal is to "protect the children".

[ QUOTE ]

It's possible PED's and NFL will blow up into a huge issue at some point

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless the 49ers start playing Barry Bonds at defensive end.

SI doesn't care about athletes using steroids. It's just their convenient vehicle to constantly smear Bonds.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At least he manned up to it and accepted his punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, manned up? More like he either accepts it or gets [censored] even harder. Do you say "at least he manned up to it" whenever someone pleads guilty in court?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't deny it like Bonds and some other athletes have. Despite his cheating (which I obviously do not condone), it's better than constantly denying it and bitching about it.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason people care about baseball roids is because fans care too much about stats, records considered divine, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be fine, if they just came out and admitted as much, instead of pontificating that the goal is to "protect the children".

[/ QUOTE ]No one will admit being a hypocrite, especially not a whole industry. It's really quite silly that roids in baseball is the outrage; all things being equal it doesn't change the sport a whole lot. In contact sports they are clearly dangerous. But no one cares about records in the NFL. None of them. At all.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, manned up? More like he either accepts it or gets [censored] even harder. Do you say "at least he manned up to it" whenever someone pleads guilty in court?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't deny it like Bonds and some other athletes have. Despite his cheating (which I obviously do not condone), it's better than constantly denying it and bitching about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

The only reason he didn't "deny" it was because he was [censored] caught.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:00 AM

Well, I have to admit that there appears to be a bias in Harrison's favor in the coverage so far. I personally am disapointed that someone on the team I root for would cheat like that (though I admit, he is probably not the only one.)

I think the best solution to the overall problem is to legalize HGH (and probably most other performance enhancing drugs too.)
Old 09-01-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't deny it like Bonds

[/ QUOTE ]

Because, unlike Bonds, he violated his leagues steroid policy.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't think Peter King care about this guy's problem with substance abuse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Favre

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention Dan Marino being a BALCO client and spokesman alongside Bonds during the Conte scandal.

Somehow those his name wasn't "big enough" to make the headlines.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the best solution to the overall problem is to legalize HGH (and probably most other performance enhancing drugs too.)

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed, mostly. It really depends how dangerous the drugs are though. I think protecting players from all out arms race where you have to DRAMATICALLY alter rules of game so players aren't dying every few weeks is bad for sport. But overall there is just some amount that has to be tolerated. I have no specific stand on HGH or w/e cuz I'm no expert. You can't ban everything though. It's not practical.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, and do you think if he wasn't caught he would have just strolled into the commissioner's office and confess?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, and do you think if he wasn't caught he would have just strolled into the commissioner's office and confess?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a NE Patriot. Of course he would. They're all upstanding team players and stand for everything that is right with sports. Look at Tedy Bruschi! I mean c'mon. They came out together at the Superbowl ffs!