Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Any of you played on Svenska Spel, the Swedish state-run site?

The reason to play there is the 2.5% rake. I looked at it in the past and figured the rake is still not low enough considering that for the (non-US) players there are looser and/or bigger sites (that also give 30% or more rakeback, or over 100% in cases, if one is propping). Also their heads up rake seems high compared to what it's at many other sites.

As far as I saw, one needs to have the Swedish ID number to get in (though someone seems to disagree and says one only need to be "registered" in Sweden, but that's the same thing). If they will add some other countries, that's nice though why they haven't already done it? Though I think the idea was there already in the past that they would include some more. As far as getting registered, one can do that by moving to Sweden (as easy in Scandinavia as moving inside one's own country) and get registered and get the Swedish ID. Though if one needs a Swedish IP, it won't help, but I am not aware of such a thing and it doesn't look like smart; what's the point? Just some extra "security" for nothing.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:56 PM

I find it pretty amazing that no other site has tried lower rake structures than the usual 5% with 3$ cap, which in my opinion is almost unbeatable unless youre playing huge fishes most of the time.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it pretty amazing that no other site has tried lower rake structures than the usual 5% with 3$ cap, which in my opinion is almost unbeatable unless youre playing huge fishes most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It is impossible to win poker at all with any sort of rake.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, and danish fish will soon merge with swedish fish. You americans can play at Stars, Fulltilt, UB and other crap/rock infested sites.... hehe...

[/ QUOTE ]

i guarantee i can get myself on that swedish site in under a week. maybe i'll start getting other 2+2'ers on there for a nominal fee, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could charge a nice, fat fee and still have lots of takers if this was actually possible.

Could a Swede set up multiple accounts for people on multiple computers in Sweden and then have people from the U.S. use some PC Anywhere type of program to control the account? Of course, that would have to be one honest Swede.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:30 PM

I am still awaiting an answer as to how many tables they allow a player to play on?

I am going to assume one or two since I am sure somebody would have been quick to point it out if they allowed a bunch.

Tuff
Old 09-03-2007, 07:12 AM

You can multitable five tables. It's Boss Media / IPN software.

Merely registering an account is going to be very difficult for non-Swedes, as registration requires the Swedish version of an SSN (a "personnummer".) Note that this makes it impossible for one person to register several accounts.

Depositing and withdrawing? Absolutely impossible, as despositing is only through:

A) A Visa / MC where the adress on the card matches what's registered for the "personnummer" you gave.
B) Bank transfer from a Swedish bank.

Withdrawals are through bank transfers to Swedish banks only. This also requires your signature on a form snail mailed to the address registered for your "personnummmer"! (Fortunately this is only needed once, unless you change bank accounts.)

I'd bank that 10K if I had it.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, the whole site is in swedish which is annoying b/c I dont speak/read it.

Ive misclicked mad when trying it out, but games are super soft. and once you know the basic's its not bad.

Im soon going to have 2 accounts anyone want to rent one out? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's doable when I checked a week ago you needed a "spelkort" gambling card to play, which when ordered will be send to your registred adress with the swedish IRS.

Anybody need some help with the translation I could help you guys out just post or pm whatever you need help with.

Cheers, Kristoffer
Old 09-03-2007, 08:33 AM

LOL, the local nits are really getting desperate about the quality of the online games available to americans....
Old 09-03-2007, 01:32 PM

Thanks,

Sounds like you are very familiar with the site.

Are you connected with Boss Media perchance?

Tuff
Old 09-03-2007, 02:24 PM

So a Swedish guy sets up multiple accounts in the name of friends/relatives who don't play poker and lets some foreigners play on those accounts. Of course, he could be the affiliate on all these high volume accounts as well. He pays his friends/relatives a decent fee each month, and he would also have to handle the cashouts and pay his players directly. Like I said, it would have to be a very honest person, but we all trust are affiliates to pay us, which usually works out fine.

If I was Swedish, I could easily set something like this up.