Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: OT: August Results Theard!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the kind words Yugo and ALReturnsLOL. I played 20k hands in July: BE. When Party had unmentionable I was running at 7ptbbs/100 over 100k so that's why I'm pissed. I play 6-7 tables. I used to play 10 on Party.

Yugo, besides posting in the STT - cash thread (with my line of thinking) what other methods are there to improve my thought process in a hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

stop looking for whats standard in every situation and start thinking a/b why you do what you do on every street. every action in every hand is a chance for you to accomplish something, so figure out what you're trying to accomplish and why. Then figure out the best way to accomplish it vs diff. types of players based on what hands they can have and how they will play them. Also, value bet value bet value bet. Then prob valuebet some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Karp,

I'm far away from being an expert but I've had a few breakthrough moments this month. Read what fd says ^^.
Talk hands with Al. Do your best to learn "why" you do something vs standard plays.

Also, seriously consider leaving your current site. Screw rakeback if you're playing against a bunch of rocks who are on all your tables. Reduce the # of tables you play to 3-4 or maybe even 2. It is much much more important that we learn to play now rather than posting sick results over an insane # of hands for a month.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 PM

[x] didn't accomplish any of my goals

[x] [censored]
Old 08-30-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stop looking for whats standard in every situation and start thinking a/b why you do what you do on every street. every action in every hand is a chance for you to accomplish something, so figure out what you're trying to accomplish and why. Then figure out the best way to accomplish it vs diff. types of players based on what hands they can have and how they will play them. Also, value bet value bet value bet. Then prob valuebet some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

And to reinforce this and what Yugo said, play less tables!

There is a lot of information to process in cash games - much more so than SNGs. Learning how to play this game and playing 6-7 tables is just asking for trouble. You probably aren't doing much observation of hands in which you are not involved. You probably aren't doing as well as you should at practicing putting your opponents on a range of hands and thinking about what they perceive you to have. Ask yourself what a bet or raise accomplishes, why are you taking the actions you take?

You will just keep muddling along until you get better at these aspects of poker, and the best way to do so is less tables and more focus.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM

up like 12.5k, one of my better months. which is good because i dont play on playing much next month
Old 08-30-2007, 12:37 PM

I am prone to tilt/playing 60s while drunk

ss graph in sept
Old 08-30-2007, 01:00 PM

Ok enough whining in this thread. I'm gonna cut down to four tables and move up to NL100 where... you know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] didn't accomplish any of my goals

[x] [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 01:38 PM

i made an unsuccessful run at the 114's this month. i dont really keep track of results (just use SS). so after about 700 114's i was neg 0.5% (yep, 1/2 percent). so with fpp's still made a pretty good profit. and i realize my sample is TINY, but i started reviewing HH's and have noticed a combination of bad plays (like knowing the right play but not doing it) and plays i made wrong because i did not know the right play.

so back to the 60's until improve a bit more. anyway, made 6K this month + learned what it will take to beat the 114's so a pretty good month.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:10 PM

I'll take one for the team

103 SNGs
-17.5% ROI
Busto on both sites
Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 PM

6 hours of 25NL6m online = -$150
5 hours of 100NL live poker - t-stone expenses - $200 lost by a friend = -$~800

total = -~$1000

I think this is the first month I have actually lost money at poker...of course I only played about 3K hands [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]