Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: 3-bet pot....what purpose does my line fit best? [200NL]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

no one is saying its standard. just saying it's not bad either. it's not like a default move to 3bet J7s.

that said i don't think there's a single hand that i'd say i would NEVER 3bet. i'm going to 3ball 32o if the situation is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you describe the right situation for 3 betting 32o?

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak tight tag opens the CO, gets a call from a straightforward multitabler in the SB, and you 3-bet in the BB. I'm pretty sure you would show a profit in this situation.

That is in a vacuum. Start doing it every orbit, and you won't get thos easy fold anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak tight tag raises 3.5 bb, sb calls and you make it 15 bb's, but weak tight tag calls. Now what? Seems like a big expense for defending 1 bb, no?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

no one is saying its standard. just saying it's not bad either. it's not like a default move to 3bet J7s.

that said i don't think there's a single hand that i'd say i would NEVER 3bet. i'm going to 3ball 32o if the situation is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak tight tag opens the CO, gets a call from a straightforward multitabler in the SB, and you 3-bet in the BB. I'm pretty sure you would show a profit in this situation.

That is in a vacuum. Start doing it every orbit, and you won't get thos easy fold anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak tight tag raises 3.5 bb, sb calls and you make it 15 bb's, but weak tight tag calls. Now what? Seems like a big expense for defending 1 bb, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not only about that one BB. Try to see the bigger picture.

First of all, we are after his initial raise (that probably can't stand much heat). That's a few bb's too.

Second, when he calls its not like we lost. He is weak tight, this guy will fold his JJ when you c-bet that K high board.

Third, how would they interpret our actions if we somehow get to showdon the one time we stack them? I'm sure they will start folding to our 3-bets......right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not only about that one BB. Try to see the bigger picture.

First of all, we are after his initial raise (that probably can't stand much heat). That's a few bb's too.

Second, when he calls its not like we lost. He is weak tight, this guy will fold his JJ when you c-bet that K high board.

Third, how would they interpret our actions if we somehow get to showdon the one time we stack them? I'm sure they will start folding to our 3-bets......right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are almost never going to stack them w/ 32o. If you 3 bet 32o all of the time, then I'm sure it will eventually happen, however.

If it's about the bigger picture, then why not wait until you actually have a hand? I know alot of the hyper aggro donks on this site would not be able to wait 6 minutes for a hand that is actually playable post flop, maybe that's the reason. Or maybe they want to think they are hot [censored] b/c look they 3 bet 32o once and stole a pot. Such badasses.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:53 PM

I give up.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I. SSNL please start 3 betting me oop w/ 109o!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the weaktight tag obviously.

if you're really serious about how this could be a correct play and you don't just have some ax to grind then sit down, give the TAG and the SB some hand ranges and some reasonable calling ranges for your 3bet and you'll see why IT'S POSSIBLE to show an immediate profit. obviously it's situation dependent. if you 3bet EVERY time in that spot it's not going to work. but doing it occasionally will show and immediate profit based on the times they both fold, thus it doesn't matter what your cards are.

this is a pretty basic play and it's very self righteous of you to come in here and tell people that have done th emath to show this play is correct that they are wrong. especially if you're not going to do some math yourself to SHOW why it's wrong.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:06 PM

1. D-
2. B- or C+
3. A-
Old 08-29-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the weaktight tag obviously.

if you're really serious about how this could be a correct play and you don't just have some ax to grind then sit down, give the TAG and the SB some hand ranges and some reasonable calling ranges for your 3bet and you'll see why IT'S POSSIBLE to show an immediate profit. obviously it's situation dependent. if you 3bet EVERY time in that spot it's not going to work. but doing it occasionally will show and immediate profit based on the times they both fold, thus it doesn't matter what your cards are.

this is a pretty basic play and it's very self righteous of you to come in here and tell people that have done th emath to show this play is correct that they are wrong. especially if you're not going to do some math yourself to SHOW why it's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not self righteous by any means, and I certainly have no axe to grind. But I do think it's ridiculous to advocate doing this in SSNL where people barely know how to play poker. Most of us really suck playing oop in the first place, so I just don't see how this could help.

end thread?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not self righteous by any means, and I certainly have no axe to grind. But I do think it's ridiculous to advocate doing this in SSNL where people barely know how to play poker. Most of us really suck playing oop in the first place, so I just don't see how this could help.

end thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

i tried to explain how it can help. you're not trying to play a 3bet pot oop with T9o for value. it's a stone cold bluff and one that, when used correctly, is profitable.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:15 PM

1.) There are times when I would make this play regardless of what my cards are, if the metagame was right.

2.) Given that OP did not mention metagame, I gotta go with the consensus that this play generally sucks with the hands given.

3.) I really wish veteran 2+2ers did not feel the need to be random d-bags.