Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: FTP

if you mean poker tracker...I tried to install it and for some reason its not working...
Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 PM

Is there software or a site that you could take your Pokertracker database to and analyze what your winnings would be if normal percentages held up on the river?

This to me would be the only way to know, with a PT database, if the underdog is hitting their card too much on the river.

We all remember our incredible bad beats, and to most they do seem disproportionate. Having an analysis tool like this might dispel (or prove) the myth once and for all.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WoW - I'm glad that so many people on this site (no offense RedRocket) think that they are such experts to tell me that I suck at poker. Who would have thought that I'd some (personal censor) sitting at home on a computer jerking off to Elisha Cuthbert while playing online poker would take offense to me asking a question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir:

A lot of people at 2p2 have played a lot of poker and are a good judge of who is and isn't decent. We have also been around long enough to see this exact scenario happen many many times on this forum.

1. Someone makes a poker is rigged type post.
2. Someone posts examples of hands they (mis)played.
3. Someone gets mocked, chided, etc.
4. That Someone takes offense and reacts pretty much like you did above.

The truth is: online poker is not rigged. Now, are you gonna run away and live in the fantasyland that says it is rigged and you don't suck at poker. Or come over to uNL and learn how to play better?

--aj
Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sitting at home on a computer jerking off to Elisha Cuthbert while playing online poker would take offense to me asking a question.

[/ QUOTE ]
I take offense at you insinuating that this is a bad thing.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sitting at home on a computer jerking off to Elisha Cuthbert while playing online poker would take offense to me asking a question.

[/ QUOTE ]
I take offense at you insinuating that this is a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coulda at least gone with Charliz Theron
Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 PM

60:40
You win
I win
You win
I win
You win
I win
You win
I win
You win
You win

Yet people think zomg wtf how could AQo lose to KJs AIPF?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WoW - I'm glad that so many people on this site (no offense RedRocket) think that they are such experts to tell me that I suck at poker. Who would have thought that I'd some (personal censor) sitting at home on a computer jerking off to Elisha Cuthbert while playing online poker would take offense to me asking a question.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL sounds like someone is TILTING from his insanely bad play. Seriously dude, go buy a book, read the forums, study the game, something, but quit being a pussy and whining when you get beat and blaming it on the site being rigged
Old 08-29-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there software or a site that you could take your Pokertracker database to and analyze what your winnings would be if normal percentages held up on the river?

This to me would be the only way to know, with a PT database, if the underdog is hitting their card too much on the river.

We all remember our incredible bad beats, and to most they do seem disproportionate. Having an analysis tool like this might dispel (or prove) the myth once and for all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the software forum, there is a program called "poker EV" or something like that where you can import you PT stats and it gives you a graph of how you did run versus "Slanksy Bucks"

I myself thought I ran like crap on FTP, but after 100000 hands there was only a difference of like 3-4 buyins between actual $ won and Sklanky bucks (what I should have won), however in the short run (over a few thousand hands) the difference can be huge - I remember a 3500 hands stretch where there was a 9-10 buyin difference between Actual and Sklansky bucks winnings - and yes, that can get to you....... but over the long run it will average out. At least it did for me and my guess would be it will for everyone else too...... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 07:13 PM

HE BE A REEGEE
Old 08-29-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
60:40
You win
I win
You win
I win
You win
I win
You win
I win
You win
You win

Yet people think zomg wtf how could AQo lose to KJs AIPF?

[/ QUOTE ]

very details [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]