Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: SofaMart clowns me, what to do?

what the value is to him personally means jack [censored] to a court.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad that's not how contract law works.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]

Sofa mart is in the business of selling sofas, so they are a merchant. The sofa was movable at the time of sale so it is a good.

Merchants selling goods are governed by the Uniform Commercial Code.

Under the UCC when a seller breaches a contract for the sale of goods, the buyer has a right to demand specific performance of the contract: delivery of the good.

This is basic 1L law right here.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what the value is to him personally means jack [censored] to a court.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. If the contract says they have to give him the sofa, and can't just give him the money back, then it matters that he values the sofa more.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:04 PM

Why all the hate? I consider myself and my wife out quite a bit. First of all, the couch we bought was in great shape, it just had the "old" year color. We spent all fing day shopping for the perfect couch and when we found it, we spent another hour getting the price we could afford. Sure I can get my money back, and then I get the pleasure of wasting another entire day with the wife looking for something we can settle with and afford. Another thing, once we bought the new couch, I gave away my old one. So I'm out two couches, like I said, I got camping chairs now.

Its not like I asked the place to send me a free sofa every six months for life to atone for their sins. I just asked em to send me what I bought. If they don't have any more clearance models, tough, send me the current model year. Their denial of this reasonable request is what aint right.

Just read some more of the posts, I definitely value the sofa more than the $200 credit. It was a nice piece. They are trying to make my pay over $500 more for the same damn couch. (ya ya in this years "color" whoop de doo)
Old 08-28-2007, 05:07 PM

wow to some people in this thread. You purchased an item, the store can not deliver it. They have to either give you something to match it or refund your cash. Since everything else is more expensive then what you got they will just give you back your cash. You can go to the BBB but my guess is they will answer something like this:

BBB:"So you didn't you get your couch"
you: "no"
BBB: "Did they refund your money"
you: "they are willing to plus give me 200 off and free shipping if I buy from there again"
BBB: *long pause*
BBB: "Go get another couch them dummy"

It sucks, I feel you on wanting it but unless you can prove they are "ripping you off" then your SOL on trying to actually get a better couch then what you were suppose to.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:13 PM

You're an idiot.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:14 PM

JackinDaCrack seems like an angle shooter to me, you are probably the kind of person that would see a misentered price and try to order 10 ipods for $10 each, as we all wood, but then you would be the guy that tries to 'take them to small claims court' when you don't get them.

Seriously, get overyourself.

OP came very close to getting a very good deal on something he wanted, but now all he has is the same amount of money that he had going in.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JackinDaCrack seems like a retard to me

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-28-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad that's not how contract law works.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]

Sofa mart is in the business of selling sofas, so they are a merchant. The sofa was movable at the time of sale so it is a good.

Merchants selling goods are governed by the Uniform Commercial Code.

Under the UCC when a seller breaches a contract for the sale of goods, the buyer has a right to demand specific performance of the contract: delivery of the good.

This is basic 1L law right here.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you never return anything back to the store, becuase it doesnt fit, or isnt the right color?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:26 PM

yeah i mean it sucks that you ended up not getting the couch and you have a right to be pissed about it. I don't think you have much of a LEGAL right to be compensated for it though. It seems to me the company has gone above and beyond by offering you $200 credit in their store. You could get yourself a nice lamp or even maybe an end-table to go next to your folding camping chair.