Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: i always want to fold but i feel like i\'m supposed to call

[ QUOTE ]
I think checking this flop is a pretty good idea for a few reasons:

1) stacks. Its often tough to get stacks in good here when we're 150x deep.
2) QJ on board. Two very real dangers for us in terms of sets, but also we can pretty much guarantee to get as much or more value from one pair hands like AQ/KQ/AJ on later streets by checking behind the flop
3) we aren't too concerned about giving free cards here, really. some cards suck, but its not like we have to stack off if they come or anything.

As played, probably get it in just because of how big the pot is and how crazy this guy seems from the limited sample of hands on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Good analysis.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:40 AM

Man you guys are a bunch of nits. Stick it in and take your lumps if he has you beat.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man you guys are a bunch of nits. Stick it in and take your lumps if he has you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
and get called when crushed and folding out everything we beat?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:01 AM

bet more on flop, your 2/3rd bet looks too weak imo. if you bet $85-90 or so he is far less inclined to check-raise with a bluff as you are showing much strength, thus a check-raise is far more likely to be a set than AQ. yet he'll still call with AQ becuase he'll want to see what you do on the turn.

if i bet $85-$90 and got ch-raised i then fold, hopefully i'd get check-called, check behind on turn then big value bet on river.

but as explained checking behind is also fine, maybe preferable to $85-$90, but i think $60 sucks as you don't know what a checkraise then represents.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push flop so you dont think about it any more. you cnat play for pot control aftercalling 220 of 680

[/ QUOTE ]
this is very very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. This aint bad at all. Think about it: 1. Its 3-bet pot 2. The guy looks like an idiot. 3. We have an overpair. 4. We aint that deep.

Shove flop, or shove turn. I would never fold this against this guy. I´m having hard time folding this against good TAG, but thats probably right W/O history, given its 6-handed NL$400 UTG vs UTG+1.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet more on flop, your 2/3rd bet looks too weak imo. if you bet $85-90 or so he is far less inclined to check-raise with a bluff as you are showing much strength, thus a check-raise is far more likely to be a set than AQ. yet he'll still call with AQ becuase he'll want to see what you do on the turn.

if i bet $85-$90 and got ch-raised i then fold, hopefully i'd get check-called, check behind on turn then big value bet on river.

but as explained checking behind is also fine, maybe preferable to $85-$90, but i think $60 sucks as you don't know what a checkraise then represents.

[/ QUOTE ]

a bigger flop bet is my line,too. show him you are serious and define your hand better. enemy should be less inclined to play back with you with a hand you can beat- so you can feel better about a fold.
As played, just jam or fold to the flop raise. At least the hand plays easy from there.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just completely ignore the stats with only 35 hands on him.

I don't mind a flop check, but I'd bet it a fair amount of the time as well. Whether to bet or check depends quite a bit on who villain is, but I can go either way vs an unknown, with a bit of an inclination towards more aggressive lines.

If I did bet it, I'd fold it easy with no reads, on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:27 PM

You can't seriously want to ignore stats with 35 hands this out of whack?

Checking the flop is bad. You guys don't play against enough tards. After seeing 10 people saying that checking the flop is a good idea after seeing how the hand played out, I decided this forum is just like I suspected it would be with everyone following the first advice that looks like it might be right with very few people actually thinking for themselves and even fewer of those actually being smart enough to say something meaningful.

I can't even get around to discussing the rest of this hand seeing as how way too many of you don't understand how bad a flop check is here against this villain.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Deep and utg vs. utg+1, I'd just muck flop. Your hand makes it harder for him to be stabbing with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking he has AQ a lot, and KQ and AJ sometimes too

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems pretty ambitious.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i really think I fold the flop here.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't seriously want to ignore stats with 35 hands this out of whack?

Checking the flop is bad. You guys don't play against enough tards. After seeing 10 people saying that checking the flop is a good idea after seeing how the hand played out, I decided this forum is just like I suspected it would be with everyone following the first advice that looks like it might be right with very few people actually thinking for themselves and even fewer of those actually being smart enough to say something meaningful.

I can't even get around to discussing the rest of this hand seeing as how way too many of you don't understand how bad a flop check is here against this villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi TheMetetron,

You're wrong.

With love,
aejones