Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Republican Senator pleads guilty to lewd conduct in a men\'s room

[ QUOTE ]
Read again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have evidence that these types of crimes are prosecuted significantly more by Republicans? I know it is fashionable to always attack Republicans on these types of issues, but many Democrats have basically the exact same position.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have evidence that these types of crimes are prosecuted significantly more by Republicans? I know it is fashionable to always attack Republicans on these types of issues, but many Democrats have basically the exact same position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that on THIS issue (public gay behavior), the Repubs and Dems have the exact same ferocity? I respectfully disagree. I'm not a Dem nor a Dem supporter, but I don't know a single Dem or Libertarian who favors aggressive prosecution of acts by homosexuals that would be otherwise "not lewd" if committed by heterosexuals. On the other hand, a sizable percentage if not overwhelming majority of my Republican friends would have no problem with this action, and would endorse it.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you suggesting that on THIS issue (public gay behavior), the Repubs and Dems have the exact same ferocity? I respectfully disagree. I'm not a Dem nor a Dem supporter, but I don't know a single Dem or Libertarian who favors aggressive prosecution of acts by homosexuals that would be otherwise "not lewd" if committed by heterosexuals. On the other hand, a sizable percentage if not overwhelming majority of my Republican friends would have no problem with this action, and would endorse it.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I still am not sure how this is a crime. Any politician who favors arresting people for tapping their toes or other similar activities is bat [censored] crazy.

As far as the main question about these types of laws against public sexual activity (defined broadly). I remember watching a show a while back on A&E featuring the San Francisco P.D.'s vice squad. They had about a half dozen cops on the streets trying to arrest hookers and johns. In a very liberal city, they were out spending valuable money and police time arresting people who wanted to have sex.

The reason I think Democrats are as bad if not worse than Republicans on this issue is because some Republicans actually believe in these stupid laws. I think a lot of Democrats privately would favor repealing these laws but won't say so for fear of political fallout. They are guilty of being total cowards. Major props to any politician who would step forward and say, "It is a major waste of time and money to arrest prostitutes and johns. Let's legalize it." Maybe one day a major pol will have the courage of their convictions, but I am not optimistic.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I think Democrats are as bad if not worse than Republicans on this issue is because some Republicans actually believe in these stupid laws. I think a lot of Democrats privately would favor repealing these laws but won't say so for fear of political fallout....

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess you agree with my initial post about the Repubs leading the charge. Thank you for belatedly getting there with me.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:25 AM

Do you think the good senator will be checking into rehab soon?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess you agree with my initial post about the Repubs leading the charge. Thank you for belatedly getting there with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote you, "read again." I didn't get there with you. Both parties "lead the charge." Most big cities in the US are led by Democrats. They enforce a lot of these stupid laws. Where are the Democrats calling off the dogs?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:23 AM

It seems like a lot of republicans are repressed gays...This guy was implicated in the page molesting scandal of the early 80s....In fact, he got married right afterwards.

Someone post a pic of his wife.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone post a pic of his wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this link. Apparently there is a county prosecuter in Twin Falls (around 2-3 hours away from the town near Boise where Craig lives) with the same name. This, however, is the right one for sure. FWIW, while searching the web I also found a picture of Craig and Bill Frist.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After a man in the adjacent stall left, Craig entered it and put his roller bag against the front of the stall door, "which Sgt. Karsnia's experience has indicated is used to attempt to conceal sexual conduct by blocking the view from the front of the stall,"

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in an airport bathroom stall. Where else do you put your bag, in your lap?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After a man in the adjacent stall left, Craig entered it and put his roller bag against the front of the stall door, "which Sgt. Karsnia's experience has indicated is used to attempt to conceal sexual conduct by blocking the view from the front of the stall,"

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in an airport bathroom stall. Where else do you put your bag, in your lap?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point. But touching the other dude's foot and hand waving under the divider is far from normal. Not to mention peering into the other dude's stall to begin with.