Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 09:21 AM

Default Bush will not retreat from Iraq

By Michael A. Fletcher
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, December 1, 2005; Page A01

President Bush laid out his administration's vision yesterday for winning the war in Iraq, acknowledging that the U.S. military has suffered "setbacks" but asserting that it is making unmistakable progress in training Iraqi security forces -- a mission he vowed will not be cut short by political pressures on the homefront.

"To all who wear the uniform, I make you this pledge: America will not run in the face of car bombers and assassins so long as I am your commander in chief," Bush said.

And we all know Bush is a man of his word.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Bush will not retreat from Iraq

So: nobody wants the Americans over there. Not the Iraqees, not the Americans. The only people who want them to be there are the special interests/war profiteers, like Bush himself.

Funny how he can spin that into "don't let the enemy win", because evidently both the Iraqee people, AND the American people, AND the American soldiers are his enemies and he wants to be sure to not let them win.

Bush = psychopath and this stuff is exactly what is to be expected from a democracy. What happens is the exact opposite of what everyone wants.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So: nobody wants the Americans over there. Not the Iraqees, not the Americans. The only people who want them to be there are the special interests/war profiteers, like Bush himself.

Funny how he can spin that into "don't let the enemy win", because evidently both the Iraqee people, AND the American people, AND the American soldiers are his enemies and he wants to be sure to not let them win.

Bush = psychopath and this stuff is exactly what is to be expected from a democracy. What happens is the exact opposite of what everyone wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

only 30% of so of iraqis want us to pull out in the next 6 months.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:00 AM

I don't believe you.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 AM

"only 30% of so of iraqis want us to pull out in the next 6 months."

That's definitely true. The other 70% want you out right now.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe you.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, check out world public opinion
Old 08-27-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe you.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, check out world public opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

The same polls show that nearly half of Iraqis approve of attacks on US soldiers.
Jan 06 poll

71% wanted the US out within one year and the % who approved of attacks on US soldiers rose to 61%.
Sept 06 poll
Old 08-27-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

only 30% of so of iraqis want us to pull out in the next 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

since none of those Iraqis voted for Bush, and none of them are paying for the troops to be there its hardly relevant to the criticism of democracy.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:55 PM

I'm probably not as educated on this topic as most of you, but isn't the main hurdle in Iraq getting the Shiite's, Sunni's, and Kurd's to cooperate?

Is it possible that their differences are so ingrained that it just isn't feasible?

And if that is the main hurdle, why are politicians on TV babbling about "defeating the enemy"?

What enemy?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably not as educated on this topic as most of you, but isn't the main hurdle in Iraq getting the Shiite's, Sunni's, and Kurd's to cooperate?

Is it possible that their differences are so ingrained that it just isn't feasible?

And if that is the main hurdle, why are politicians on TV babbling about "defeating the enemy"?

What enemy?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a lot of talk about dividing the country into three territories and dividing the oil revenue while they try and work things out.

I recommend getting DVR if you can and record CNN from 5-8pm, and then Anderson from 10pm to midnight. You can then skip through anything you don't want to watch.

I can watch both 1hr shows on FOX & CNN by recording both at the same time, in less than 1 1/2 hrs. It really brings to light just how repub FOX is and how dem CNN is.