Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Alternative to the * system

would it be possible to make such a system specific to sub-forums? because i can see how BBV posters wouldn't really want OOTiots rating them (and vice versa).
Old 08-24-2007, 06:30 PM

I doubt that would be a problem. If BBV people aren't posting in OOT, then they won't be on the radar screen for OOT readers.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would it be possible to make such a system specific to sub-forums? because i can see how BBV posters wouldn't really want OOTiots rating them (and vice versa).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how the software logistics would work, but that definitely sounds good. It would work out well for the strat forums as well. A well seasoned LHE player would have a great repuation in the high stakes limit forums, but should not be automatically accepted as a great NLHE poster. They would have to prove themself there as well.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt that would be a problem. If BBV people aren't posting in OOT, then they won't be on the radar screen for OOT readers.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, a forum that starts near-daily threads about how bad OOT is and routinely produces multi-account trolls would have no interest in dicking around with that same forum by gaming a rating system. it's not like these people have a ton of time on their hands, mischief on their minds or the will to complete such a task.

i like BBV a lot, and the posters who would do something like this are not the ones i think of as good posters there. so this isn't a 'F BBV' post, it's a 'F that segment of BBV that has nothing better to do than complain about OOT because they think it's cool' post.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:08 PM

I think this whole thing is lame because it becomes an internet circle jerk. I had a much longer post typed out but whacked all of it. Also, I think it's hard for noobs to get noticed even when they have a good idea, and this just makes it that much harder and could discourage quality posters from regging.

If a poster sucks that should be recognizable without any rating system.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this whole thing is lame because it becomes an internet circle jerk. I had a much longer post typed out but whacked all of it. Also, I think it's hard for noobs to get noticed even when they have a good idea, and this just makes it that much harder and could discourage quality posters from regging.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-24-2007, 07:20 PM

Just ban more people. Come on this isn't hard.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-24-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly do we do with the rep points? Cash them in for 2+2 stress balls? Will that count against my MGR?

[/ QUOTE ]

You build up your rep points so you can later rip off other posters in a Stars for Full Tilt money exchange, obv.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. To add, I'm active on another forum where they have this and it's just the suck. It doesn't mean anything to the quality posters and it means the world to the crap posters.