Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: a crash course in prenups

I'll be impressed when you can do all those things yourself, AND for several other people, and also take care of an active 4 year old.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you seriously arguing that all the money that is earned in the marriage is yours if she stays at home? That you derive no benefit from having her raise your kids? That you don't save literally tens of thousands of dollars in child care costs alone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I think it evens out. Where is she going to get the car to drive the kids to school? where is she going to get the money to buy the food/groceries/pay the mortgage/etc? where do you think this all comes from? thin air?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:02 PM

Without her, where do you think the kids come from? Thin air?

Edit for clarity: That money that you are spending is supporting your kids, which I'm assuming you wanted because you agreed to have some. It's not like you just had them to indulge her.

You are NOT spending money for someone to watch your kids. You are NOT wondering if the person that you are paying to babysit your offspring is actually locking them in the basement. You are NOT having to call in sick to work because the little angel has a cold and can't go to daycare that day.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be impressed when you can do all those things yourself, AND for several other people, and also take care of an active 4 year old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make 6 or 7 meals for myself, and probably have more clothes in my closet than most of the girls on this board.

PS- I still havent met teh girl that can rival me in the kitchen, so in all actuality, it will be a step down.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without her, where do you think the kids come from? Thin air?

[/ QUOTE ]

who gives a [censored]? what bearing does this have on anything at all?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I make 6 or 7 meals for myself, and probably have more clothes in my closet than most of the girls on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 8 purses.

Meaning: I don't understand what this post has to do with the price of tea in China.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 PM

guids,

Let's leave you (guids) out of this, because you're going to be rich and have tons of time to be home often and drive your kids to soccer practice and crap. Let's just take some generic dude. Even if he doesn't force his wife to be a stay at home mom, a lot of woman actually want to do this, regardless of how much income the father makes. They feel it's in the best interest of the kids (I largely agree). They do so so so much for their children. They've essentially sacrificed their earning potential to keep you and the kids fed, keep the laundry clean, keep the house in good order, etc etc. If things get hairy later on, she could be in a really rough spot.

It just seems you're looking at your wife as some chick you hang out with.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 8 purses.

Meaning: I don't understand what this post has to do with the price of tea in China.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that you are making [censored] that I am already doing on a daily basis, while making money mind you, into something that is apparently worth thousands upon thousands of dollars for a women do be doing. well, its not. none of this stuff is taxing.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids,

Let's leave you (guids) out of this, because you're going to be rich and have tons of time to be home often and drive your kids to soccer practice and crap. Let's just take some generic dude. Even if he doesn't force his wife to be a stay at home mom, a lot of woman actually want to do this, regardless of how much income the father makes. They feel it's in the best interest of the kids (I largely agree). They do so so so much for their children. They've essentially sacrificed their earning potential to keep you and the kids fed, keep the laundry clean, keep the house in good order, etc etc. If things get hairy later on, she could be in a really rough spot.

It just seems you're looking at your wife as some chick you hang out with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he doesn't force his wife to be a stay at home mom, a lot of woman actually want to do this, regardless of how much income the father makes.

bingo. we all make choices. there are consequences for these choices, live with it. Im making a sacrifice supporting my wife monetarily (at the very least) while she is doing what she wants to do, why should I be penalized after the fact? she got what she wanted/thought she wanted out of the marriage, and its not like I plan on being some absentee father.

And taking the kids to soccer practice as a dad etc doesnt mean you have to be rich. My dad when we were growing up, was a union guy, got to work at 7, was home at 4 or 5, he had more than enough time to do all the stuff dads should do, he was the coach of almost every team I played on, and I spent every weekend with him at our garage working on cars and shooting bb guns in the back yard.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:15 PM

I already pointed out that you (as far as I know) are not doing laundry for 4 people including yourself. That you are not spending hours on stain removal to get random bits of crap out of every item of size one clothing. That you are not doing all of this while trying to supervise homework and manage the household. That any time you are especially busy you can have popcorn for dinner and no one will care. That you don't have kids spilling/pooping/vomiting/drawing on every household surface and coming in your front door without wiping their feet 10 times a day.

That you don't have a son that is trying to learn to hit the toilet and, well, not, necessitating the cleaning of your bathroom every day.

That you can occasionally have a phone conversation uninterrupted by your child tugging on you because he's bleeding.

Am I wrong?