Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Internet Dating

[ QUOTE ]
any success stories? Not talking about banging hot chicks, I'm talking about meeting normal level headed chicks who look decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good friend of mine got married last year to a chick he met on match.com. They're both in their 30s and she's very very cool. He's a lucky [censored].

btw, it helps if you live in a major metro area.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 PM

I know to a certainty OP that these girls may be looking for their soul mate... But godamn it if they ain't gonna sleep with a bunch of people on the way. Make one of those people you.

Most people internet dating don't have things pan out so often (they generally go on a lot of dates: everyone is thinking what if the person I meet is a moron) that they won't take offense if you don't want further contact.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL.....i should have been more specific. I am afraid that these mid thirties chicks are so desperate that they can trick me over the course of 3-6 months by acting not desperate and gaining my trust that they are normal. And when I stop using the rubber, they pretend to be on the pill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use a condom, every single time.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 PM

it depends on how you define "success". The answers given are absolutely true, but consider this: you guys should see the winners we women get to pick from [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Seriously, in all probability you won't meet someone you can't live without, but you might meet someone pleasant to enjoy some time with.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any success stories? Not talking about banging hot chicks, I'm talking about meeting normal level headed chicks who look decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl #1-Good picture. Lawyer,from a good family, well traveled. Live she was a big girl (not fat) just big, big arms etc...Conversation was good and that was that.

Girl #2-again good pic. Said she was 5-2, closer to 5-0. Fairly cute IRL but a little gummy, her teeth I mean. Decent conv., but we both knew that wed never see each other.

Girl #3- Decent pic, but looked maybe she was a little chunky. She put avg. body type LOL. 5 feet 1, and about 150-160, so that was that. I was actually a little annoyed about the misrep.

Girl#4- Good body meh face. Went out with her 4x. Fun dates, she likes to smoke and fool around, so it worked well.

Girl#5- My fav out of the 6. Both of us got hammered the first date. Back to her couch and her saying "I cant I cant etc..."2nd and 3rd dates were real good as well, until I realized that there was nothing we had in common. Drinking and fooling around are fun and I would have continued in that capacity but she wasnt having the 9 pm hookups.

Girl#6-The hottest of all 6. Her pic was smoking and I thought if she was half as good looking Id be happy. She was just like her pic 5-6 maybe 115 blond and blue (a 9 at the least). $150 dinner, conv was good and I thought she was feeling me. Went for the goodnight kiss, go the cheek. Called her the next day and never heard back.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
don't end up like these guys

cribbed from paul phillips blog

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/ma...f_internetlies

[/ QUOTE ]

that is one sick story

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, wtf?

[ QUOTE ]

Girl#6-The hottest of all 6. Her pic was smoking and I thought if she was half as good looking Id be happy. She was just like her pic 5-6 maybe 115 blond and blue (a 9 at the least). $150 dinner, conv was good and I thought she was feeling me. Went for the goodnight kiss, go the cheek. Called her the next day and never heard back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, you got played for dinner, what kind of a first date is that?

like an earlier poster said..make sure you can see a full body pic of them.. This one time i went out with a girl on match. she described her body type as athletic and toned. she also described in her profile going to the gym 4-5 times a week and enjoying to constantly do athletic activities. So i go out to grab drinks with her and she is huge. I mean cute face, but there was nothing athletic about her(maybe sumo wrestling). Her arms looked like a 300 pound mans legs. Luckily we just met for drinks and i got out of there as quickly as possible
Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my GF of 4+ years is someone I met via an online-dating site.

She was the 3rd or 4th person I had met in person from the site.
We like commenting on the dumb e-harmony commercials and saying, "Internet dating...that stuff NEVER works."

She was one who actually did NOT blow me away via e-mail or phone.
Other girls who I thought were really spectacularly awesome via e-mail and phone were just kinda disappointing in person or in bed or whatever.

But with this girl on the e-mail and phone I wasn't feeling much of anything at all. But I was going out to a bar to see a band and said she was welcome to meet me there if she wanted to.
No biggie if we didn't like each other. She was just meeting me there and grabbing a drink. Very casual and obviously things kind of took off for us from there.

I think our experience is not typical though. I got a decent taste of what it's REALLY like via my previous internet-dates and I can definitely see how one could go for a long time on those things without it ever really working at all for them.
So while it is possible to get a real relationship out of such a thing I wouldn't get to optimistic about it.

As far as the 'rules' and how do you go about rejecting somebody, etc etc. Just play it by ear. You're back in the dating scene again and just need to use some common-sense and slow down a bit. You'll get the hang of it as you go along.
And you may want to just take a pause to catch your breath before diving head-first into this thing considering what else you've been going through.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my GF of 4+ years is someone I met via an online-dating site.

She was the 3rd or 4th person I had met in person from the site.
We like commenting on the dumb e-harmony commercials and saying, "Internet dating...that stuff NEVER works."

She was one who actually did NOT blow me away via e-mail or phone.
Other girls who I thought were really spectacularly awesome via e-mail and phone were just kinda disappointing in person or in bed or whatever.

But with this girl on the e-mail and phone I wasn't feeling much of anything at all. But I was going out to a bar to see a band and said she was welcome to meet me there if she wanted to.
No biggie if we didn't like each other. She was just meeting me there and grabbing a drink. Very casual and obviously things kind of took off for us from there.

I think our experience is not typical though. I got a decent taste of what it's REALLY like via my previous internet-dates and I can definitely see how one could go for a long time on those things without it ever really working at all for them.
So while it is possible to get a real relationship out of such a thing I wouldn't get to optimistic about it.

As far as the 'rules' and how do you go about rejecting somebody, etc etc. Just play it by ear. You're back in the dating scene again and just need to use some common-sense and slow down a bit. You'll get the hang of it as you go along.
And you may want to just take a pause to catch your breath before diving head-first into this thing considering what else you've been going through.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i wasn't planning on trying it out for a few more months.

How about paying? Do you guys usually pay for the first date even if it is just for drinks or coffee?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha Good luck with that. I love meetin girls from the internets, but finding a sane one is probably not gonna happen.