Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: the Well: Jstill

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW Yuengling (America's Oldest Brewery)

[/ QUOTE ]

i did not know that... interesting...
Old 08-21-2007, 01:44 PM

jstill,

post yer pic!

Thanks,
Buzz
Old 08-21-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW Yuengling (America's Oldest Brewery)

[/ QUOTE ]

WINNAR!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:50 PM

Jstill,

In terms of enjoyment from playing, how would you compare NL to Limit? My results have recently been slightly better noodling in NL, but the game just seems less interesting (at least the online 100bb version - when the money gets a little deeper, it becomes significantly more fun, agreed?)
Old 08-21-2007, 01:50 PM

LOL, you went to catholic school.....

therfore,
you are not catholic....

that seems pretty typical
Old 08-21-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you know it was customary to ask the mods for a green light before starting a well?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you have to be thrown into The Well. Climbing down yourself isn't as fun.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:58 PM

i keep F'in these up...
Old 08-21-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jstill,

In terms of enjoyment from playing, how would you compare NL to Limit? My results have recently been slightly better noodling in NL, but the game just seems less interesting (at least the online 100bb version - when the money gets a little deeper, it becomes significantly more fun, agreed?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think alot of limit guys dont think NL is as fun becuz so many hands end preflop or on the flop, but I think when u can play like 3x as many NL tables u get some decisions in along the way...

I think most peoples fun in poker comes from "owning" people, I think theres a bit more opportunity for it perhaps in NL but thats debatable for sure.

I like NL rite now just cuz its new, I got a bit complacent with limit while playing and stopped paying attention to the tables as much since I had played with all the guys on wsex for so long which still isnt good to do. I always tried to reply to alot of posts in SSSH during this time though just to make sure my thinking about the game wasnt suffering due to my complacency or boredom with play. It probably didnt help wsex only lets u 4 table I think even limit Id still rather play 5 or 6 though it can get hectic.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, you went to catholic school.....

therfore,
you are not catholic....

that seems pretty typical

[/ QUOTE ]

my parents never raised me under any denomination though my relatives who practice any religion are all catholic. Having to take a theology class each semester save a few was not my idea of a good time though to be honest. I think I'm spirtual and believe theres a God out there, but I just dont think any of us know all about him and theres no reason to spend ur time on this planet thinking about that and I really dont think hes gonna hold it against us if we were wrong about a few of our beliefs in him since hes an omnipotent being and probably doesnt expect us to fully comprehend his grand design... I figure by the time u find out if ur right or wrong it wont matter anymore anywhere so why not just enjoy life and concern ourselves with worldly things..

I went to a catholic prep school because the town I grew up in was a some what small town and we would have ended up going to a neighboring high school that wasnt very great academically. Also one of my 2 best friends was going to St. Thomas also, he got kicked out after his first year for not apologizing about an overdue library book lol...

Im glad about the route I went through so far in life, I had a few other options for high school and several others for college (far better schools perhaps truthfully altho the UNH school of business and the grad program Im in now are pretty respected).

Im definitely glad I didnt come out of college with the kind of debt most do since I was in state and had scholarships, but mostly I'm glad I went to UNH for all the experiences and friends, I have a huge circle of really good friends I wouldnt trade for anything.

college also helped me snap out of being the perhaps pretentious young punk I was in high school to some degree. I was somewhat arrogant elitist and lacking in some social skills perhaps.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:50 PM

Ok, heres a poker question for you. Lets say low limit stakes, such as .50/1 or 1/2.

You are HU and OOP on the flop after you raised pf and your TAG opponent 3-bet. Its a full ring game and both you and your opponent were in EP or early MP.

You are uncertain whether you have the best hand or not, but you dont think that WA/WB necessarily applies. Lets say that you have JJ and the flop is all undercards on an uncoordinated board.

Do you prefer to donk the flop or check raise, and whats your plan for the hand ? By the way, you dont know that much about the TAG other than that they are a TAG (your stats for them are over approx. 100 hands).

Hope that this question is ok, and may give you an opportunity to discuss some of your poker thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]