Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Re: No I\'m not leaving Your HU table

I set out for this gaol on April 11th and have a mini follwing

But he has a mini following. Not that theres anything wrong with that
Old 08-21-2007, 06:53 AM

I did huh?...lol. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I do that sometimes
Old 08-21-2007, 07:50 AM

ohhhhhh, so you're one of the nice shortstackers? nm then.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:58 AM

I think you're so wrong on this leatherass, but that's also just cuz i'm prejudiced from being a player that's had to stop a hu match cuz of you when i was 300 deep. FWF really said it best though, if both people say hu, respect it, if not, play.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ ] News
[X] Views
[ ] Gossip

[/ QUOTE ]

easiest FYP ever?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously what gives with everyone thinking that they can just have their own little personal heads up match with some fish at your 9max table. I'm sorry but just because you sat and some fish sat doesn't make him all yours. If anyone asks me to leave the table I will absolutely refuse. If you want to play HU there are some 5/10 tables that are HU only or you can got to Full Tilt or UB. Does anyone disagree with me on this? Should people be able to type in, "Hey leather it's HU" and expect me to leave? And if I don't I'm a jerk? I mean I am posing this question as if I am the only one who gets asked these things. I am speaking for everyone on this matter actually.

BTW if this is the wrong forum I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's poker, youre there to make money and playing against people youve never met and will probably never meet. I could give a [censored] less if someone asked me to leave.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:23 PM

leatherass,

Haven't read the entire thread, just giving you my .02 on your OP.

I've always had the view that it's unethical for just 1 person to ask for HU and try to give the fish no say-so, so I would say that it has always been fine to play in a 2 handed game if just one person wanted it HU and the other was cool with you playing.

Up until Stars added HU tables, I had the view that if both people wanted it HU, then it was the right thing to do to respect their wishes and let them play HU. Now that Stars has HU tables, this seems ridiculous to me since they could just go play on one of those.

I'm assuming you held your views before Stars added HU tables as well, since you sat at a 5/10 6 max table that I was at after me, the other guy, and 3 people who were sitting out asked you not to sit. That was just a dick move, imo. He ended up quitting me when we couldn't have HU, so basically you gained nothing while costing me potential earnings just to try to idk, prove that you didn't have to respect people that wanted to play HU.

Not an issue any more since the Stars update, but those are my views for what they're worth.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:16 PM

I think the OP is correct no matter what the players want. They are sitting at table with open seats and anyone has the right to sit down.

When Andy Beal first went to Vegas he was playing heads up with a pro and Ted Forrest called in to see what games where going on. When he heard of this game he showed up and sat down right away. He lost at first but then came back for a big win taking both players money.

They may have complained after the fact but since they didn't make special arraingments ahead of time they couldn't kick him out. Pstars has heads up table so it is not hard to make special arraignments.

So IMO turn off the chat and play as long as they stay.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:18 PM

[x] Had chat banned for telling someone who invaded our HU table that i hope their kids die in a bus crash.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Anyone who sits in when two people are playing HU against those two people's wishes and buys in with less then half of the table BI should go kill themselves. It sounds like OP fits into this category.