Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: The Power of Nightmares.

[ QUOTE ]
What happened to our economy after 9-11? I would guess if they did something like that every few months, our country would suffer vast economic damage. (i guess how you define "sporadic" may be different than me, but 3-4 attacks per year would pretty much be my definition.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If they did something like that every few months i would agree the documentary has no crediability. As they haven't maybe they are making some valid points. At least think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
I realize most attacks are not of that scale, but to think countries can survive "sporadic" events that include multi billion dollar buildings being destroyed, tens of thousands of jobs being lost instantly, thousands dead in a matter of minutes, and the "uncertainty" of the markets after events like 9-11 is just plain dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize that no other attack has been on that scale? Shock and awe may have come close

[ QUOTE ]
America bounced back pretty quick after 9-11, but the public has a short memory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off course it did. Only emotionally did 911 have much impact on the US.

[ QUOTE ]
If we had gone into a 8-10 year depression after 9-11, a lot of people would still be very pissed off, and likely have different views on American policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you didn't.

[ QUOTE ]
Based on some muslims I have heard, the "greatly overestimated" numbers of terrorists is complete crap. I tend to beleive the people who have escaped the middle east more than the psuedo-intellectuals who have never been there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sources?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: The Power of Nightmares.

[ QUOTE ]

Based on some muslims I have heard, the "greatly overestimated" numbers of terrorists is complete crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

after 911 the US gov, fbi/cia or whatever, estimated al kida at 200-300 members worldwide.