Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: The Mike Vick case... am I a life nit?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems America cares more about dogs than female humans

[/ QUOTE ]
A dog will stop chewing his bone and run across the room to give you head the second you drop your pants. How many female humans do you know that do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never get serious with a girl who wouldn't give me head anytime I wanted it.

I'm sorry that you have had to resort to animals for this purpose.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:30 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a combo of the pro leagues' horrors of gambling...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is exactly it--at least, this is it for me and the NFL. The dog fighting is odious to be sure, but that all by itself wouldn't have derailed his career all that much. Remember, when they first found the dog-training facilities a few months ago, no one made a big deal out of it at all. The issue really didn't explode until the federal indictment came.

Dogfighting by itself might be a six-to-eight game suspension, judging by how Roger Goodell is dishing it out, but the illegal gambling charge and the potential RICO charge make Vick look much worse in the NFL's eyes.

Now to be sure, there are loads of people flipping out over the dogfighting alone. My guess is that's partly because the media is making a big deal out of it, and partly because it's the kind of crime that rarely makes it to the front pages. People are desensitized to people killing other people, but not so much when it comes to people killing dogs.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People have become over-exposed and desensitized to houman violence. Its the same reasom the saddest scene in a movie is if the dog dies versus if a human dies.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jason Kidd beat the crap out of his wife Joumana and got a slap on the wrist.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair to Kidd, Joumana seemed like a huge bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. She is a nut-job. But that doesn't come close to excusing the crime.

Any man who lays his hands on his wife/girlfriend is a pathetic, cowardly, piece of [censored] in my opinion. No exceptions. Sorry if this applies to any of your fathers or other people you know, but it is true.

Also, anyone who hunts for sport, or ever has, has no business passing any judgment on Michael Vick or any of the other low-life pieces of trash in this country who engage in dog fighting rings. At least in dog fighting the animal has a chance to live.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this totally justified it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course not, but it does bring up something. We do tend to assign human beings some responsiblity for the situations that they find themselves in, regardless of their actual culpability. We are somehow less compassionate towards a battered wife than towards a beaten dog because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point would be marginally valid if every woman who has ever been beaten were a crazy bitch.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dogs are totally innocent creatures that are inferior to us in every way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you suck your own dick?

We have no idea why Parrish pushed her down the stairs (I have not even heard of this incident. If someone can find a link I'd appreciate it.) However I will say that often in spouse on spouse abuse, the emotional hurt goes both ways. The violence, and please don't misunderstand me as I'm not saying its justified, IS NOT AS DEPRAVED AS some a**hole seeing animals hurt to get his kicks. This is morally worse IMO and those who condone such behavior fall far lower on the chain than those who have let their emotions get the best of them in soured relationships

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
She had it coming to her LDO.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The point about men being allowed to beat up women in other cultures is totally irrelevant. This interest in this case is excluded to mainstream America. I don't think many people in Iran know who Michael Vick is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about the novelty of the charges being a big issue in this case, but I think you missed my point here. Not that woman-beating is ok in other parts of the world now, but that it has a long history in our own society, and in the societies of many recent immigrants to America.

In other words, even though we tell people domestic violence is wrong, there are a lot of people who have been a part of it (and in a sense 'learned' it from their own parents or cultures). Much the same way racism is universally denounced in the media, but many people experience it or are taught it in their own lives.

It's kind of a tangential point anyway.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have no idea why Parrish pushed her down the stairs (I have not even heard of this incident. If someone can find a link I'd appreciate it.) However I will say that often in spouse on spouse abuse, the emotional hurt goes both ways. The violence, and please don't misunderstand me as I'm not saying its justified, IS NOT AS DEPRAVED AS some a**hole seeing animals hurt to get his kicks. This is morally worse IMO and those who condone such behavior fall far lower on the chain than those who have let their emotions get the best of them in soured relationships

[/ QUOTE ]

Emotional hurt may go both ways, but physical hurt goes only one way. Sounds like you're trying to make up excuses for huge giant men kicking the [censored] out of their girlfriends and wives. Again I say, WTF

No one is "condoning" dogfighting but I can't understand people who think it is worse than domestic violence.