Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: baronzeus\' video

[ QUOTE ]
At 35 minutes on the Stars table you open A9o UTG 5 handed, get 3bet and c/c flop and turn on K96X and c/f blank river against a guy that has shown himself to be fairly retarded which I don't really understand

[/ QUOTE ]

Board is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]652(no flush)

This was my initial reaction to the hand, but villain's range should be pretty strong given the 3-bet of the UTG raise(5 handed, however) and your hand looks telegraphed for showdown once you call the turn with only 1 possible overcard to the board. That said, he could be 3-barreling AQ/AJ/AT/QJs? etc. or thinking that he's value betting 88-. Is this that easy of a fold in a 7.5 BB pot?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some of the funniest results oriented commentary I've seen. Can't say I'm surprised. And how is like every other decision a tough spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

cant tell if ur making fun of me or serious. but i really thoiught a lot of the spots were VERY tough given that it was a short 2 tabling session (but thats really what happens when the cards arent falling in ur favor)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your mental outlook needs a little work. I think many of us do the same thing but I doubt it is to the same degree. I don't really mind a little belly aching since it is a sign of comptetiveness and drive. You obviously have a perfectionist personality type which many of us share. I will say that I don't think it affected your decisions much so lamenting a beat or a tough spot is probably okay for the most part. The problem is (like with the 99 hand) your being way too tough on yourself. This video was awesome since you were in an amazing amount of tough spots. This was actually refreshing to watch since for some reason many of the other vids seem like the hero never gets tested. It is almost like they are edited or something.

Anyway, the main issue I have is your talking about logging off as soon as you make one marginal decision or what you perceive as the wrong play. That is a huge tilt problem and I am frankly very surprised that a player of your caliber hasn't gone beyond this. Pretty eye opening actually. The point is-and I feel silly posting this but whatever-if you are in an excellent game where your edge can be huge even if playing like sh!t, than you are losing tons of money by logging out when you make one marginal play. (BTW, the 99 hand wasn't that bad at all and I think you played it fine) I don't feel like this online too often but live there are times where I can play like crap and make a few mistakes AND still be such a monster favorite that leaving would be a catastrophe.

Anyway, I am really glad you posted this. I watched an old video you posted and it is soooo much better with audio allowing us to follow your thoughts/emotions. I am hoping to comment on a bunch of hands but running a little low on time and going to commerce tonight for a few days.

A general request for this thread: when we are making comments can we please quote the previous post AND add the timing of the hand ie ...at 4:23 in the bottom game.. since saying simply "the A9 hand" will be hard to follow and thereby limit the quality of the discussion.

BTW, I really think you are giving up a ton by not using all your usual tools. Maybe these games are considered small for you but the effort it takes to get HUD and PT onto your laptop is minimal and there is no excuse in my mind for not doing it.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:51 PM

This can't be how you normally play [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I've played a fair bit with Baron and I was surprised at the video... tbh I think he was trying too hard not to get owned on the video b/c when he normally plays hes much more difficult to deal with than this... also prolly runs better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This can't be how you normally play [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I've played a fair bit with Baron and I was surprised at the video... tbh I think he was trying too hard not to get owned on the video b/c when he normally plays hes much more difficult to deal with than this... also prolly runs better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

what, no, this is how i normally play...just sometimes the cards dont come in a way that make me tough...
Old 08-19-2007, 02:02 PM

also generally ppl are easy to deal w/ when you see their cards [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure what part you are referring to. I was just talking about the swearing, sighing and otherwise verbally expressing disappointment with certain cards/results.

I think that it is somewhat harder to play and talk while making a video. I tried to make a few videos and sometimes just turned the thing off when it messed with my focus. I may post a few if I can get the damn camtasia to work on my computer but that is a big if since I struggled with it already and couldn't get it working right. That and the fact that I am fairly protective of my screen names so I am not sure.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:08 PM

yeah my mental outlook comes from how competitive i am. i feel like i wont be happy w/ my poker game until i play every hand perfectly and if i mess up its poor form. i know its a problem but its an something i have to deal w/ given my personality, and also something im working on every day...

also the thing about leaving when i play a hand poorly. i think this is pretty much ok, esp. given my metnal state. considering the fact that I'm probably a favorite in many shorthanded games, giving up a game here or there, i dont see any reason why i should play when im upset at myself
Old 08-19-2007, 02:31 PM

is the river fold with A9 35 minutes in standard?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:47 PM

around 40 minutes you donk a 5 way limped pot with K7 on a Qxx flop and then you get it hu on the turn but check when you make the 2nut nut fd. wtf?

also, you're hilarious.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
around 40 minutes you donk a 5 way limped pot with K7 on a Qxx flop and then you get it hu on the turn but check when you make the 2nut nut fd. wtf?

also, you're hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i totally lost track of the action halfway through the hand (thought i had check called flop) this is what happens when you dont pay full attention