Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Cbet basic question

[ QUOTE ]

who cares if your not repping anything. if villian doesnt have anything either you win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is completely untrue. Almost anyone who can read hands decently well will 3bet you with air if it gets HU. You should always be thinking about what you are repping when you bluff.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and then betting the turn if checked to? isnt that then risking more to win the pot (assuming you missed the flop),

[/ QUOTE ]

?

How is betting the turn risking more to win the pot than raising the flop?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont you think that floating gives off the impression that you have a high-mid PP which could invite a double barrel on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I use this thought process to fire a second barrel a lot against TAGs that I know don't cc Ax in position.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 PM

you can't float cos the donk will probably call, 'lolz, pot odds' with anything hoping to hit a 3 outer or something, bluffraising works really well in multiway pots because you are repping so much strength and even donks won't call without a really good hand.

having said that, A22 is so dry that you can't rep anything, against some people this is fine because they aren't thinking on that level, they just have nothing so they fold.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you can't float cos the donk will probably call, 'lolz, pot odds' with anything hoping to hit a 3 outer or something, bluffraising works really well in multiway pots because you are repping so much strength and even donks won't call without a really good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The donk isn't overcalling enough to make floating bad(unless you have a specific read).

And bluffraising works well in multiway pots where you can possibly have a hand. On this board a flop raise doesn't rep anything.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:04 PM

In theory it's a better spot to float, but it's also an obvious float spot. It's more likely that you'll be double barrelled off the float than someone with air will 3-bet over your raise. Much more likely.

Also, I call behind preflop in this spot often enough with AQ and AK (which is to say, rarely but sometimes, particularly against a TAG opener) that raising the flop can be a big hand from me. As such, yeah, I raise a lot in these situations.

Edit, nm posted hand.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In theory it's a better spot to float, but it's also an obvious float spot. It's more likely that you'll be double barrelled off the float than someone with air will 3-bet over your raise. Much more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh I don't know. I'm calling with some Ax hands in position. So when I call the flop it by no means looks like I'm trying to float. I could be floating, have an ace, or have a mid-high PP here.

If I raise the flop on this board though, I'm repping a hand I very rarely if ever will have in this situation(AQ, AK) so it's much more likely I'm on a pure bluff(since I'm basically never raising AT- here).

This spot is a pretty obvious float, but there are actually legit hands you can have in this spot much more often than when you raise the flop. So I actually think it's less likely you get double barreled when you can easily show up with an Ace taking that line.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I call behind preflop in this spot often enough with AQ and AK (which is to say, rarely but sometimes, particularly against a TAG opener) that raising the flop can be a big hand from me. As such, yeah, I raise a lot in these situations.

Edit, nm posted hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, floating here is a lot better than raising. People don't often double barrell A high boards, especially something as dry as A22. Betting the turn when checked to is a lot more believable, not to mention it's cheaper.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:05 PM

lol if you raise me on this flop i'm shoving all my chips in ur grill with ATC
Old 08-18-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol if you raise me on this flop i'm shoving all my chips in ur grill with ATC

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good news for you, but very few players have the balls to do this and those who do are easily identified.