Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Who were the \"fish\" on partypoker?

I hear people say that a few years ago that partypoker a few years ago was like an ATM in terms of cash games. People who go all in with their 100BBs stacks preflop with AJo and call you down on the river with 1 pair.

I heard that this applied to mid limits like 400NL and 600NL. I even hear people say that 15/30 limit games were real soft.

My quesiton is who were these terrible players that play these kind of limits? I know that if it was just a casual player playing but played like a fish, he would play low limits like 50NL and under so he wouldnt lose that much. But what type of people were these? Are they people with regular jobs that pay 50K a year and just see the partypoker commercial and just decide to deposit 1000 dollars just to play 3/6NL and play very badly?

Because now anyone who plays 3/6NL is definitely a real good player. I do not feel that these so call fish are young players but more towards like the Chris Moneymaker kind of guys? Would the casual fish who played 15/30 limit holdem and 3/6NL back in the partypoker days fit the description of the lkes of a Chris Moneymaker? That's the kind of image i get because i cannot really picture young players being fish at 3/6NL and contining to play because the young people seem to study poker much more than anything else.