Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: bellagio 10-20 700bb deep: 2nd-nut boat facing 4-bet

[ QUOTE ]
This is the kind of ridiculous crap that makes me glad online is capped buyin at 100bb. I don't want to flop top full and have to be worried about what to do when faced with a turn 4-bet. I mean, seriously, how the heck do you guys play 700bb deep? It doesn't even seem like the same game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about it from OP's position, it sucks. Second nuts facing a huge decision, but conversely think about having the dead nuts and your opponent holding a huge hand that he doesnt want to lay down and having 700 BB's to start the hand. Playing that deep at Bellagio definitely favors aggressive players, and what I've noticed at the B is when the 10/20 is playing ultra deep, say, 3 or 4 players over $10,000, there's inevitably someone at the table who is way out of his league sitting with that much behind because he thinks he needs to be able to play a big pot in case.

I've never been this deep in NLHE, but I've been almost 700 BB's behind in PLO, and that game was sick with two blinds and at least one straddle. It's fun. Try it.

-Tex
Old 08-18-2007, 09:33 AM

fwiw, folding never crossed my mind. my decision was between shoving the turn or just calling here then calling river. i mean, i was either drawing dead, or i had him drawing near dead, so pushing the turn seems unnecessary, no?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

fwiw, folding never crossed my mind. my decision was between shoving the turn or just calling here then calling river. i mean, i was either drawing dead, or i had him drawing near dead, so pushing the turn seems unnecessary, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but you dont want something like an A,K or J popping up and killing action. Id be very surprised if he can get away from 88,77 here if you shove
Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 AM

he'll just put you on AJ if you shove the turn and call with any boat, so just get it in before river kills your action. and reraise more than 1.5K on top, wtf.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Didn't you say he plays his good hands really fast? So if he had trips on flop wouldn't he put in a raise? IF so he could likely have 88 here.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i dont understand how you cant push the turn. Alot of facecards should face the villain because he's putting you on AK- J10, and possibly 77. I shove here because the villain is never folding his hand, and if he did fold..hurt him.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:49 AM

when i first read OP i thought he was looking for a reason to fold
Old 08-18-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, I'm going to say that this is 98% big full and 88 isn't even that much of a thought. Unless he thinks Mike is stupid I can't imagine anybody but a moron getting 700bb in with the underfull calling or pushing. Where's the sklansky post on the nuts/bb

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd.

edit:hmmmm, i thought he was leveling, but now im not so sure. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 01:15 PM

Ditto.

Mike, I like shoving because there are some action killers for our hand, although not many. This guy has showed that he loves his hand a lot, and I doubt he would even consider folding any full house here, especially with your aggressive / tilty image. There's also the slim chance that he is overplaying a straight, in which case there are a lot of scare cards.

In any event, I like shoving now.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:58 PM

Yeah what everyone else said, given that you're not gonna fold calling as opposed to shoving should not even be a consideration. There is no card that could come off that would put you in a more favorable situation than you are now.

The only thing going for you is that calling is weaker, but given that it's the third raise by now, that really doesn't matter anymore. If anything, it takes away the possibility that you're on some retarded steal/resteal war.