Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: How on earth does this guy win? (low content rant)

I agree with VMA. The loosish very overaggressive play (LVOAG?) is something of a pain to play against. Is he beatable? Yes. But are you going to get rich against him? In the long long run (which will take a long time to get to), no. You'll have stretches where the guy seems like easy money when he's putting 3, 4 or 5 big bets regularly with draws that don't get there or worse made hands against you. Then you'll go through stretches where his draws are coming in after he pumps them on the turn, when he coolers you, etc. and it'll seem like the guy can't be beaten.

It's easy to say you should make, say, a turn raise with a certain range of marginal hands because they are slightly +EV against his style (let's say you'll always get 3bet by better hands, sometimes get called down by worse, sometimes get 3bet by worse) if you are running well. It's not so easy to keep making those raises when he keeps showing up with the top of his range and/or spiking on the river. So while I agree with Heisenberg's general approach against him, I think in practice it is rather difficult to implement. Perhaps that is part of what separates great players from merely good players.

I don't see why you would particularly want him at one of your tables. Even if you have a small edge on him (which is very plausible), he is going to make it harder on you trying to isolate the fish.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
U run bad vs him, i have such a guy 2 he plays retarded Lag and leaks money vs everyone but iam down a significant amount vs him over 4K hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't think reshef is retarded lag. just overly agro showdown-monkey lagtag with a hint of fps. Come to think of it he's a lot like me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you would particularly want him at one of your tables. Even if you have a small edge on him (which is very plausible), he is going to make it harder on you trying to isolate the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

U could make a rule of the following statement: If a guy plays about the correct number of hands preflop it will be hard to make money from him.

If u play 30/20 at a normal mid-stake table I think u will have a hard time losing $ since there will be so many other players playing bad hands against ur good ones.

I think the reason people says they like to have a guy like that plays correct preflop but overaggressive postflop is that it very quickly becomes a pissing contest. We suddenly dont have control over the table anymore (this guy is all over putting in raises) so we at least take a pride in knowing how to beat this guy. But the fact is we dont have a decent hand often enough to make it easy to play against someone always attacking us.

I can honestly say that I never ever sat down at a table because there is a 30/20 or 35/25 player that I think is bad postflop.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:33 AM

Hmmm I thought I was up more on him than I am..
Up only 210$ and have just over 2k hands on him.. However, past few sessions i really really over spewed vs him lost a lot of money.. It's also a kind of irrelevent sample size.

Hes also +1.7 BB/100 in the sample I have of him.

He's won a fair bit more pots than I have too in our battles... Probabily cause he steals a lot of them when we both have nothing?

Also funny stat:

Bowman77 (10/20 regular fish) makes up 1/20 of my entire winning monies in the past 3 months and have won 700$ more against him than any other player.. Ive also lost a fair bit more pots against him than I won.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:05 AM

sorry for the non conversion but seriously, take a close look at the hands I posted. They are all beyond awful, they are terrible. And I obviously never, ever make moves on the guy. He is a terrible, terrible player.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry for the non conversion but seriously, take a close look at the hands I posted. They are all beyond awful, they are terrible. And I obviously never, ever make moves on the guy. He is a terrible, terrible player.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 1: Reshef showed [4h 3h] and lost with King Nine high

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm on record as saying he's like, not great, but this has to be a misclick or thought he had as flush...
Old 08-21-2007, 05:58 AM

why missclick? It was a bluffbet at river to pick up the pot.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

U could make a rule of the following statement: If a guy plays about the correct number of hands preflop it will be hard to make money from him.

If u play 30/20 at a normal mid-stake table I think u will have a hard time losing $ since there will be so many other players playing bad hands against ur good ones.

I think the reason people says they like to have a guy like that plays correct preflop but overaggressive postflop is that it very quickly becomes a pissing contest. We suddenly dont have control over the table anymore (this guy is all over putting in raises) so we at least take a pride in knowing how to beat this guy. But the fact is we dont have a decent hand often enough to make it easy to play against someone always attacking us.

I can honestly say that I never ever sat down at a table because there is a 30/20 or 35/25 player that I think is bad postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sweet post dude.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:36 AM

two initial hands are nearly bad enough to make a thread over. Some of the other ones in here are certainly more indicative of brutal play.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why missclick? It was a bluffbet at river to pick up the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, misread the action, I thought he called with 43...

<---- reading comprehension?