Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Patrik on his bike in scandinavian cash game

Update
http://tonyg.pokerworks.com/2007/08/....html#more-273

We are done with high stakes poker Scandia version here in London. I had a great three days of play and have come away 65,000 up. The blinds were 100-200 with 25 antes played in USD.

Most of my time was spent playing with Patrik Antonius. He is a great player but has not been doing well recently, but he is so solid. Learning how he does things will take some work and time. The last two days I have had the edge on him. I just feel that I know what to do when I am in hands with him heads up. In a few pots I checked/called with big hands and he has the heart and commitment to the game to make big bluffs and I have the heart to call him down with marginal hands so the action was hot. Patrick lost 200k yesterday but today he came back from being down another 100k. In total I think he is down about 120k so far. The big winner is Ilary who is well known in the big cash games at Full Tilt. He played great and has won over 150k. Martin Dekniff was down about 50k as was Juha Helppi.

Anyhow my game was great and I have never lost in high stakes versions of poker so far. My next cash poker action on TV will be the million dollar cash game. It will be the Full Tilt version and I am looking forward to playing it on the 18th & 19th of Sept right after the EWSOP.

Tomorrow I play the NPL 5k USD buy-in event and go to Lithuania. The trip has been good so far but it would be great to win the NPL main event. I feel I am in great form to do it.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:49 PM

Tony is the man. You gotta love Tony the Tiger.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 PM

Anybody have the link to PA's blog? Also looking for Kai Buxxe's.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife was born in Finland and she considers it part of Scandanavia, as most Finns do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, most people, no matter where you go in the world, are ignorant. Scandinavia is Sweden, Denmark and Norway by any meaningful definition. A lot of retards believe Finland should be included, though, for no apparent reason.

People often confuse the Scandinavian countries with the Nordic countries.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My wife was born in Finland and she considers it part of Scandanavia, as most Finns do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, most people, no matter where you go in the world, are ignorant. Scandinavia is Sweden, Denmark and Norway by any meaningful definition. A lot of retards believe Finland should be included, though, for no apparent reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% accurate. I love how Fins always say they are in Scandinavia then can't explain to me what Scandinavia is or give me the definition of a Nordic country. Tards.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:26 AM

"As a cultural and historical concept, Scandinavia can include Finland as well ..."

Wikipedia - Scandinavia
Old 08-18-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% accurate. I love how Fins always say they are in Scandinavia then can't explain to me what Scandinavia is or give me the definition of a Nordic country. Tards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, there are a lot of ignorant Finns who actually think the country is geographically a part of Scandinavia. However, these days the term Scandinavia also has a broader definition (taking into account the cultural and historical aspects) that often includes Finland and Iceland along with Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

I think the main reason for Finns stating they are from Scandinavia, is that most foreigners - English speakers especially - have at least some idea where Scandinavia might be located while "The Nordic Countries" often rings no bells.

I, by far, prefer to speak about the Nordic Countries, but quite a few times, after trying to explain that Finland is one the Nordic Countries, and getting nowhere, I've just thought "f the geography lesson", and gone that route myself.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not all Finns say that. This involves politics.
There are people who want Finland to be Scandinavian because gives reasons for using Swedish and giving advantages to Swedish speaking Finns in Finland.

Some also think that Finns are/look better if they seem to be part of Scandinavia.

EDIT: And most are ignorant about this because school and media are talking about Finns as Scandinavians.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"As a cultural and historical concept, Scandinavia can include Finland as well ..."

Wikipedia - Scandinavia

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't read any of the rest of that article did you?

It gives retards reasons for thinking Finland might be in Scandinavia, then explains that they are in fact, to everyone's surprise, retards. Show me how Finland is on the Scandinavian peninsula, please. It even says cultural the Finns aren't Scandinavian as they are a unique cultural and ethnic group.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:15 AM

yeah its [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] that these [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] keeps believing that [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] Finland is a [censored] part of [censored] scandinavia, pisses me the [censored] off

next item on the agenda: [censored] retards [censored] not [censored] knowing the popes mothers maiden name