Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Betgo spotted at Turning Stone

I liked these other quotes from your blog.

[ QUOTE ]

I have been doing this all year, and despite having no cashes to my credit, I honestly felt that I was playing well.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For the most part, it’s been a pretty simple diagnosis: I’ve run bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are described in my tournament report as one of the nits who got blinded out, so we are even.

I twice folded ATo raising in early position to Joe Brooks' resteals. I didn't have a lot of success with open raises, so maybe I needed to call the reraises. I definately was not folding premium hands to resteals.

The time I restole from the LAG with A7o and beat QQ the LAG (Kyle) and Joe Brooks both said things condescending about how it was an exception I overplayed such a weak hand. I made "succesful" squeeze plays with AA and JJ and showed both times. I also called short stack pushes with 99 and AQ and was well ahead and won. I made several succesful resteals on the maniac short handed. He made some remark that I probably had A7. I said "you can't beat A7 then": of course neithercould I. I was intentionally playing tight 3 and 4 handed, looking for you and the maniac to bust and I wound up HU at a big disadvantage.

When we got HU, Joe Brooks played extremely aggressively and would up allin as a significant dog repeatedly, so maybe the nit image helped.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:55 PM

i am having a tough time figuring out whether you're being sarcastic about those other quotes. my tournament record clearly shows that i've run a bit better since May. winning at this game requires confidence, and i'm not scared to admit that an extended dry spell can sap my confidence.

I did feel that both Brooks and Kyle were chipping up by restealing light against you, but i was probably speaking out of frustration because I was stuck to your right, where I could not employ the same tactic. either way you prevailed in the end, so your folds could not have been that bad.

i'm going to grab a drink in Syracuse tonight after the 7:00 sat, so i'd be happy to buy you a Heineken (you seem to like those) and talk poker if you're so inclined.

[ QUOTE ]
I liked these other quotes from your blog.

[ QUOTE ]

I have been doing this all year, and despite having no cashes to my credit, I honestly felt that I was playing well.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For the most part, it’s been a pretty simple diagnosis: I’ve run bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are described in my tournament report as one of the nits who got blinded out, so we are even.

I twice folded ATo raising in early position to Joe Brooks' resteals. I didn't have a lot of success with open raises, so maybe I needed to call the reraises. I definately was not folding premium hands to resteals.

The time I restole from the LAG with A7o and beat QQ the LAG (Kyle) and Joe Brooks both said things condescending about how it was an exception I overplayed such a weak hand. I made "succesful" squeeze plays with AA and JJ and showed both times. I also called short stack pushes with 99 and AQ and was well ahead and won. I made several succesful resteals on the maniac short handed. He made some remark that I probably had A7. I said "you can't beat A7 then": of course neithercould I. I was intentionally playing tight 3 and 4 handed, looking for you and the maniac to bust and I wound up HU at a big disadvantage.

When we got HU, Joe Brooks played extremely aggressively and would up allin as a significant dog repeatedly, so maybe the nit image helped.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-16-2007, 05:14 PM

i wonder if betgo looks at that picture and goes "damn, are my forearms really that big?" the same way a woman might look at a picture and go "damn, is my ass really that big?"

only i've never seen a picture of a woman and then been told "i don't have a massive ass. it is an illusion of the photograph."
Old 08-16-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am having a tough time figuring out whether you're being sarcastic about those other quotes. my tournament record clearly shows that i've run a bit better since May. winning at this game requires confidence, and i'm not scared to admit that an extended dry spell can sap my confidence.

I did feel that both Brooks and Kyle were chipping up by restealing light against you, but i was probably speaking out of frustration because I was stuck to your right, where I could not employ the same tactic. either way you prevailed in the end, so your folds could not have been that bad.

i'm going to grab a drink in Syracuse tonight after the 7:00 sat, so i'd be happy to buy you a Heineken (you seem to like those) and talk poker if you're so inclined.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just giving you some trouble back for the blog about what a donk I was. Liked your comments about not winning because you were running bad. You probably have some holes in your game you are not aware of, such as awful player reading skills.

I guess I have just run well like you ran bad. Look up betgo on officialpokerrankings "full tracking" for Stars, FT, or Dise, and you will see some decent ROIs, and lots of 1st places for around $10K. Plus that live MTT and pwning the $500 weekly Borgata tournament. There I have an image "allin, allin, allin", and "he bluffs a lot".

Someone was commenting today that a few years ago you were considered a donk if you played loose, but now you are a donk if you play tight. I have been crushing the $100r on Stars usually just paying $200 for my initial buyin and addon. I play solidly there while all the young hotshots are making plays.

In the $1K tournament that I won and you finished in 4th, I didn't play much early at the final table because I didn't have any hands. I thought of restealing on the maniac with pure junk, and probably should have. It was rediculous how some of the nitty donks were getting blinded down until we got 5-handed at the final table, and it may have looked like I was one of the nits who got lucky.

Before I had the 2 doubleups to become chip leader, I raised 1/5 of my stack into 6 players with ATo. Joe Brooks pushed in the SB. I had thought of open pushing, but I had easy decisions against anyone else, as either they were short so I would be pot committed or they were nitty. I thought a while about it. I thought he maybe thought I was one of the nits, but he also seemed TAG and he might be afraid a nit would call with a real hand. The other time, I was chip leader, raised ATo and Joe Brooks pushed for 9x my raise. That was the time he remarked I was nervous. I stole sometimes, but probably made some raise/folds. You need to beat a bluff to call a bluff, and I was definately calling with a real hand. I also restole on Kyle--maniac several times. I am sure you would have liked me to call resteals and maybe bust someone.

With final table payouts, I thought there was an advantage to survival, and I play really well HU and short handed. Obviously my strategy paid off.

I don't play like a lot of the young LAGs, but I adjust my play pretty well to the situation. Also, my strongest skills are strategic play and understanding the percentages, and I may play tight at times due to the tournament situation or to stay in situations where my strength show.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:46 PM

betgo,

next time someone questions your play or makes fun of you, just bust out a picture of you and your giant forearms curling a busload of children.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i wonder if betgo looks at that picture and goes "damn, are my forearms really that big?" the same way a woman might look at a picture and go "damn, is my ass really that big?"

only i've never seen a picture of a woman and then been told "i don't have a massive ass. it is an illusion of the photograph."

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't initially to respond to this stuff, but I really don't have the huge forearms. I did hiking, running, bycicling, and baseball, but I don't think my forearms are unsual.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
betgo,

next time someone questions your play or makes fun of you, just bust out a picture of you and your giant forearms curling a busload of children.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, I should probably crush dragon with one hand for making fun of my manorisms and talking about what a nit/donk I was in a tournament I won.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure it's one of Newton's Laws. The famous Law of Forearms.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol out loud
Old 08-16-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, I should probably crush dragon with one hand for making fun of my manorisms and talking about what a nit/donk I was in a tournament I won.

[/ QUOTE ]

i couldn't resist posting after noticing that someone else made the same exact stapler joke that I once made. next time i'll keep my mouth shut.

the reconciliatory tone in my posts is obviously not sufficient to evade your massive forearmy wrath. i will steer clear! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't initially to respond to this stuff, but I really don't have the huge forearms. I did hiking, running, bycicling, and baseball, but I don't think my forearms are unsual.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you DO have huge forearms, who cares? Have Jimmy show you his freakish hands sometime.