Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: NL100: A good hand on a scary board by the river...

[ QUOTE ]
Reading replies now...

Worse hands will call, esp lower flushes and A high*. You won't get called often, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't bet for that the rare instance when someone does call with A high.

If you get get c/r can you fold happily? Well, first off, that will almost never happen imo. Any boat would have bet given the action up until the river. And if you happen to get c/r then yes, you can fold happily.

* People love to call with A high...from today:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $396.00
BB: $370.10
UTG: $241.80
CO: $851.30
BTN: $870.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $4.00, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $20.00

Flop: ($52) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $70.00</font>, UTG calls $50.00

Turn: ($192) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $192.00</font>, UTG calls all-in for $147.80
Uncalled bet of $44.20 returned to Hero

River: ($487.60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $487.60 ($3 Rake)

UTG had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Nines and Twos) and WON (+$0.50)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Nines and Twos) and WON (+$0.50)

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you knew you were beat when he called that a/i on the turn.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: NL100: A good hand on a scary board by the river...

[ QUOTE ]

donk,

how often are you playing your PF overcard hands like this on a paired flop? i can imagine it is a strong line if you have some read about the villain.

would you ever pull this against an unknown? i also feel that too often it gets checked through, and that villain catches something on the turn and calls my turn and river bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very nonstandard line and was completely villain dependent. He was like 42/6/4. Weird. Very loose passive preflop but really aggro postflop.

I was just trying to get all in with him any time I had good cards...didn't really matter what the board was.