Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Sick slow call, slow roll story (very lightly embellished)

[ QUOTE ]
“First, I want to make sure you did know you had the stone cold nuts on the turn.”

GCF guy says rather tepidly, “Yeah, I knew”.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say...
Old 08-08-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
“First, I want to make sure you did know you had the stone cold nuts on the turn.”

GCF guy says rather tepidly, “Yeah, I knew”.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say...

[/ QUOTE ]

...That sucks.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:53 PM

Just something to add.

If I had been at the table, and watched this. I would have refused to continue playing with that guy.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally would have seriously thought of killing him, or at least hope he has an fatal accident when he's driving home.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are people that I'd like to kill but despite my enthinicity I'm not good at it so I don't bother. And as mentioned in a follow on post written late last night it seemed to me this guy really didn't know any better.

My impression is that he was the type who got beat up a lot on the playground when he was a kid. Imagine a train wreck of a guy, sort of like George from Seinfeld but worse looking with rumpled clothes, very bad grooming and a tendency to sweat excessively. That was this guy. He seemed nice enough from our previous conversation and I really did think he would be strangled someday if he didn't at least stop this sort of thing.

I also had macro reasons to restrain myself. When people take five minutes with no action pending to show down the nuts cardroom management can use the slowness of the game to justify increases in rake for the no limit games. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,
I reacted to this comment by trying to picture you. You don't look black or hispanic in your avitar so I ruled those out.

Nebiolo ends in a vowel but other than Mussolini the Italians weren't great mass murderers as far as I know. Thinking about Mussolini led me to Hitler and from the Germans my mind switched to the USSR but it doesn't seem to me that you are communist or fascist. From the communism I moved over to the Chinese killers but I would be willing to wager that you were not of Asian ancestry (I don't recall any posts of yours where you spoke about your love for fried rice or your new nunchucks and throwing stars).

Hmmm, are you Catholic? Those crusades were pretty brutal. Maybe he is named after some Saint Richard? Or maybe you are Protestant, they came over and killed a bunch of Native Americans.

No, thats it! You are a wise old Indian Chieftan; possibly a Chumash or a Mohave. Thank you for teaching us about the poker gods Chief Nebiolo, hopefully their divine spirit will never bring an ace on the river and will will carry some rain over to Ray Zee's ranch to save him from the fires.

-Steve
Old 08-08-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally would have seriously thought of killing him, or at least hope he has an fatal accident when he's driving home.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are people that I'd like to kill but despite my enthinicity I'm not good at it so I don't bother. And as mentioned in a follow on post written late last night it seemed to me this guy really didn't know any better.

My impression is that he was the type who got beat up a lot on the playground when he was a kid. Imagine a train wreck of a guy, sort of like George from Seinfeld but worse looking with rumpled clothes, very bad grooming and a tendency to sweat excessively. That was this guy. He seemed nice enough from our previous conversation and I really did think he would be strangled someday if he didn't at least stop this sort of thing.

I also had macro reasons to restrain myself. When people take five minutes with no action pending to show down the nuts cardroom management can use the slowness of the game to justify increases in rake for the no limit games. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,
I reacted to this comment by trying to picture you. You don't look black or hispanic in your avitar so I ruled those out.

Nebiolo ends in a vowel but other than Mussolini the Italians weren't great mass murderers as far as I know. Thinking about Mussolini led me to Hitler and from the Germans my mind switched to the USSR but it doesn't seem to me that you are communist or fascist. From the communism I moved over to the Chinese killers but I would be willing to wager that you were not of Asian ancestry (I don't recall any posts of yours where you spoke about your love for fried rice or your new nunchucks and throwing stars).

Hmmm, are you Catholic? Those crusades were pretty brutal. Maybe he is named after some Saint Richard? Or maybe you are Protestant, they came over and killed a bunch of Native Americans.

No, thats it! You are a wise old Indian Chieftan; possibly a Chumash or a Mohave. Thank you for teaching us about the poker gods Chief Nebiolo, hopefully their divine spirit will never bring an ace on the river and will will carry some rain over to Ray Zee's ranch to save him from the fires.

-Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever watch the Sopranos?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:48 PM

I don't know why people get so upset at slowrolling. It never bothers me. It has no effect on the outcome of the hand, it just wastes some time, but a lot of things happen at the table that waste time.

So some guy puts on a silly performance that makes him happy. No reason that it should put us on tilt.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got to it right before me. Damn.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured he was probably Catholic
Old 08-08-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know why people get so upset at slowrolling. It never bothers me. It has no effect on the outcome of the hand, it just wastes some time, but a lot of things happen at the table that waste time.

So some guy puts on a silly performance that makes him happy. No reason that it should put us on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get slowrolled so often now that it has very little effect on me. The reason it's scummy is because they are screwing with your head unnecessarily. It doesn't increase their profit in the hand.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:07 PM

If your opponent is slowrolling in an attempt to put you on tilt, let him win the hand, but not the battle.