Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Entourage 8/5/07

[ QUOTE ]
I pretended that the Busey bit wasn't written and they just said "hey Gary be Gary". Then it only half sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

all i could think was "hey gary be 'crazy' like in that last episode that everyone loved. your wacky off the wall antics are so funny! youre crazy gary! oh yeah, paint drama! haha. drama is the butt of the joke and turtle is nervous! haha. so funny. man, writing this show is so tough! i came up with this episode in the shower last night! haha. we are so funny and original! oh vince, go bang a hot chick and eric act frustrated! youre so crazy gary!"
Old 08-06-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing [censored] happened as usual

[/ QUOTE ]

They've all got offices now! And the twins don't work for Ari anymore! Important story progession!

BTW, I like this show, but it is truly amazing at how little actually happens in one episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

The episodes are only 30 minutes long...how much more do you want to happen?

Try watching John from Cincinnati. The story progression in Entourage is going at warpside by comparison. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow the busey bit was forced and [censored] horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pretty funny when Drama asked (with his typical pained look) "Do you have to throw it at me?"
Old 08-06-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They've all got offices now! And the twins don't work for Ari anymore! Important story progession!

BTW, I like this show, but it is truly amazing at how little actually happens in one episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try watching John from Cincinnati. The story progression in Entourage is going at warpside by comparison. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are really like 20 minutes...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I pretended that the Busey bit wasn't written and they just said "hey Gary be Gary". Then it only half sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

all i could think was "hey gary be 'crazy' like in that last episode that everyone loved. your wacky off the wall antics are so funny! youre crazy gary! oh yeah, paint drama! haha. drama is the butt of the joke and turtle is nervous! haha. so funny. man, writing this show is so tough! i came up with this episode in the shower last night! haha. we are so funny and original! oh vince, go bang a hot chick and eric act frustrated! youre so crazy gary!"

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

The writing is so lazy lately, especially with Eric.
Eric wants to be a producer --- Now he just wants to be a manager --- Now he wants to go it alone --- Now he loves his cool new office and wants to get an assistant.

If this show wasn't on right before Conchords, I'd have given up on it already.

Either give me more t & a, give me more funny, or make the tension in the show's plot realistic.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually watched a few minutes here and there of John from Cincinnati. Not a huge sample size, but it never seemed like anything was happening.

This is coming from a huge Lost fan.

Entourage is fun, but very, very formulaic and 90% of the storylines mean nothing in the long run. It's sort of like sitcom storylines, but it's not really funny enough to get away with it. I still watch, but I really don't care if I miss an episode anymore. I think I missed like 2 this season and I've never been lost on the storyline for longer than about 5 seconds.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:53 PM

Two other notes:

1- El-P's "Everything Must Go" plays during the Sklar brothers fight.

2- Holla @ the random blonde in the short skirt/shorts walking in the background of every scene in Ari's office.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you people complain that the plot never progressed in Seinfeld or Cheers too? ITS A COMEDY!!!!!!!! Plot is mostly irrelevant in a comedy.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:01 PM

Agreed it was not the best episode, but not the absolute worst. I watched it on demand so I did not see the previews for next week. The Gary Busey bit was pretty boring but I can see how a bunch of writers, after a few bong hits, could have been like "You know what would be [censored] hilarious? We get Busey to strip Drama to paint him. No, no...actually on his body...". It just didn't translate very well.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you people complain that the plot never progressed in Seinfeld or Cheers too? ITS A COMEDY!!!!!!!! Plot is mostly irrelevant in a comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really dumb answer.

Seinfeld and Cheers come from an era where TV shows were typically all contained in one ep unless it was a VERY SPECIAL "to be continued" ep. It's a totally different medium relative to shows like Entourage, for which the "to be continued" is just assumed.