Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: JJ turbosqueeze. dumb?

Yes, and if you get 4bet you can fold putting him on that range that would have stacked you if you were going allin. So if they have one of these hands you are also cheaper off.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:26 PM

I think AK is alot better pushing hand than JJ.
Chance of being against AA or KK is half when you hold AK, and smaller pairs rarely call you.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and if you get 4bet you can fold putting him on that range that would have stacked you if you were going allin. So if they have one of these hands you are also cheaper off.

[/ QUOTE ]

who are you going to fold to other than utg? one of the half-stacks that cold-called the first raise? you won't be able to do that, because you're odds are going to be too big to make that laydown.

AK might be better to push against reasonable players, but in this case, JJ is going to dominate a lot more of the stupid call range you'll see out of the medium stacks. AK also plays much better after the flop than JJ does.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:37 PM

If anyone flatcalls and then reraises my raise I'm going to fold unless they have few chips behind. In this case you are right. They are all quite short.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:38 PM

eh, this is okay. making the same play with AK is great too.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:42 PM

one thing i'll say thats bigtime in favor of making the standard 3bet here, is that the calling ranges of the sb-CO are significantly wider than than normal, due to the snowballing pot. they will have hands like 8Ts much more in relation to hands like 77 than they normally would, since those pairs are almost never folding anyway. since those pairs are much more likely to make a stupid ai call pf than the rags, whereas the rags are much more likely to make a stupid call of a standard raise than an ai raise, that range distribution could be quite a big deal, especially if utg or mp flat calls the 3bet, making people feel "priced in", even though its costing them 1/3+ of their stack to see the flop.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:01 PM

with these many fishy callers you usually won't see an A on the board. 3/2 Pot bet. then 2/3 c/b almost regardeless what the flop looks like. I don't think you will get more than 1 caller pf. However, if your c/b get called you are in trouble. If there ist one overcard on the board and villiant has tt you won't get much aktion. so it should be cheap to see the showdown. (i mean it should be free) If you get raised on the flop you shurely are beaten. you have saved yourself the rest of your stack against QQ to AA. If you got outdrawn, well this is Poker. But you set a good price to draw out on you