Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In favour of proposed forum split?
I am a hip youngster a vote yes 10 45.45%
I am a depressed reminiscent and vote no 0 0%
I love boobies 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: How much can Tiger benchpress?

I just want to point out that it's super strange to me that anyone should care about this topic, and I keep expecting this thread to drop down the page but it does not. Bizarre.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to point out that it's super strange to me that anyone should care about this topic, and I keep expecting this thread to drop down the page but it does not. Bizarre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq,

these inane, stupid, pointless arguments are very cathartic and the only reason I come to 2p2.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:48 PM

guids,

To be fair I didn't even read the thread and don't plan to. It just seems like an odd thing to have 30+ replies to. What next, "Does Vijay drink regular or decaf?", or "Will Jim Furyk's kids end up bald like him?"?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at everyone here. im 5'8, 175 and can do 315 once. i've been lifting for a long time,but whatever. i would bet my house and everything in the bank that tiger can lift over 300. 300 is not like OMG!!!, get off your computers you geeks and get some real life expieriences. tiger is an exceptional athlete, pure and simple. now to say that vj or phil michelson could bench over 300 would be pure retarded banter. gg, nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot. You are 5 INCHES SHORTER, and weigh 10lbs less, there is a HUGE DISCREPENCY. For tiger to have the same build as you, he would have to be about 40lbs heavier. (every inch is about 10 lbs). I have about 10 times more real life experience w/ powerlifting than anyone on this board, and Ill take your bet if you want to contact your mortgage company. When I started powerlifting, I trained EXCLUSIVELY for strength, I was 6ft 180, and maxed about 250 (this was after a year of training...how long has tiger ben strength training like this?). Ill give tiger the benefit of the doubt, but there is no way he tops 275. The simple fact is, if you werent a moron, you would realize that Tiger isnt training for strength, or at least very little in the way of strength he is training for flexiblity, and stamina, if you have been "lifting for a long time" you would have realized this. Being aboue to bench 300 or more is probably a little counterproductive to golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

just because you are weak and cant bench 300 does not mean that is the norm. benching 300 is so last year. just about everyone and their mama with a couples years expierience can bench 300. so sorry about your terrible genetics and weakness. gg, ul in life.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:14 PM

I can bench well over 300, if you knew how to read better than a 3rd grader, you would realize that was when I STARTED powerlifting, and am about 6 years into now. Or maybe you are just too short to see the monitor. Do you need some phone books to sit on?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:15 PM

just to clarify. i have no idea what tw's workout routine is and im pretty sure he does not lift heavy. but there is no doubt he could max >300# if he had too.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 PM

lol@ being 6 foot tall as being impossible to bench 300 as your arms are too long!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you funny guids.

just fyi mr. powerlifter im a..., oh nevermind, this is a stupid thread. im done.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:17 PM

Didn't think this thread would create such controversy, haha.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol@ being 6 foot tall as being impossible to bench 300 as your arms are too long!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you funny guids.

just fyi mr. powerlifter im a..., oh nevermind, this is a stupid thread. im done.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a complete retard. Its not that he is too tall, its that he is 185 and 6ft 1, even if he is 100% muscle, with 4% body fat (which is unlikely as no coach would EVER let an athlete perform at such an unhealthy bf %), he is hard pressed to have enough muscle to do it.

and LOL at "he doesnt train heavy" but can lift 300, YOU ARE ALL UNINFORMED, and stupid. [censored] morons. go to the health and fitness forum and ask this question, becuase you people are too stupid to be able to objectively get your mouth off of Tigers nuts to look at the issue.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:25 PM

lol @ going to health and fitness forum on 2p2 like its the holy grail. you have no clue bro. im an athletic trainer and have seen earl boykins bench 335 when he weighed 145 at eastern mich univ. oh, but thats because he has shorter arms, right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Tigers Woods is in phenominal shape, and benching 300 for a guy his size is not a big deal, now 350, thats another story. stfu, gg, nh, ul.