Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which are you?
Catholic 7 11.29%
Protestant 10 16.13%
Latter Day Saints 1 1.61%
Jewish 3 4.84%
Agnostic/Atheist 34 54.84%
Other 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: All My Money Are Belong to Me (NC Thread)

So, its been an interesting summer playing 6-max with no HUD or pokertracker.

Btw thanks to those that told me how to connect my two computers to transfer my hand histories over.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:57 PM

I admire anyone who plays poker. I just realized how much I suck and have stopped playing completely. I just stick to posting past mistakes.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:51 PM

Poker is just a bizarre game. I am utterly snakebit at .25/.50 and can't seem to find a way to win to save my life. I make bad decisions, get drawn out on, etc. But when I jump into a 1/2 game for which I'm under-rolled I'm suddenly money. Weirdly enough my mental state is better at the higher level. Some .50/1 6-max has also been helping me get over my fears of playing shorter tables although I'm still a full-ring nit at heart. I guess it's better to have it that way than the other way around.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is just a bizarre game. I am utterly snakebit at .25/.50 and can't seem to find a way to win to save my life. I make bad decisions, get drawn out on, etc. But when I jump into a 1/2 game for which I'm under-rolled I'm suddenly money. Weirdly enough my mental state is better at the higher level. Some .50/1 6-max has also been helping me get over my fears of playing shorter tables although I'm still a full-ring nit at heart. I guess it's better to have it that way than the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

you ever think about playing live? playing with morons will make you feel better about your game than ever [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2007, 07:08 PM

I played a hand at 4-8 at foxwoods this w/end that I'm not sure of. I posted in SSHE b/c they have a lot of 4-8 live posts there. I am seeing conflicting advice from experienced posters, I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone with 4-8 live experience. There are several questions, the hand involves a straddle and 5 calls to me with JTo otb.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you ever think about playing live? playing with morons will make you feel better about your game than ever [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I play a reasonable amount of live poker. I'm part of a group that holds a no-limit tournament roughly every three weeks and Oceans 11 is about 15 minutes from my house so I play in the 1-1 no-limit there about once every four to six weeks. My main problem playing live is that my attention span is only about three to four hours playing cash games (in a tournament I can stay with it as long as necessary).

I see live and online as very different games. Online is where I work to hone my skills while live I play more for pleasure although of course I'm trying to win.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:24 PM

So I took Wook's advice and posted my dorked-up NL hands from Four Winds in L->NL, and Wook repays me by not ever coming in to give his opinion. Good work Wook, leading by example is for retards. Christ, tyler_chessboy even showed up.

If you're interested in someone worth listening to, PNL co-author Sunny Mehta and former-and-still Micros legend Grunch take my ass to school here and here.

And I've just posted the hand where I flopped a boat and managed to put exactly zero raises in, so this should be a bloodbath.

Edit: nm, Wook beat me by one minute. Expect one-minute-and-twenty-six-second tempbanning in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .
Old 08-14-2007, 01:38 PM

as darsh indicated, i've been reading l->nl regularly (i need to start posting more) and i enthusiastically agree that it's quite awesome.

i've also been reading NLHTAP for the last couple weeks (some light airplane reading lol?) and am hopefully headed to Tampa Hard Rock tomorrow to see what i've learned.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 PM

I just read this post for the first time in a while. It used to be funnier.

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...te_id/1#import
Old 08-16-2007, 12:02 AM

yeah that's good, I remember reading that from a wiki lib link. I am curious why Natedog posted anon? weird.
Closed Thread