Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Northwest Airlines bones employees?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody got screwed genius. If they didn't take the cut they all lose their jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliment jerk.

Often when people take a paycut it's because they're told when/if things get better they'll be rewarded. Or at least get their wages back up to where they were prior to the cuts. People also do this so they will still have "X" # years with the company towards their pensions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the message board antics. All three of my posts were made at the end of a long day (not that it excuses rudeness).

You are looking at it only from the perspective of the employees. It is not management out to screw them. It is circumstance that screwed them. There was no choice for either party but to proceed in this manner.

If you want to blame management blame them for having an inflexible business model that couldn't handle the economic changes. Just like most of the other retarded airlines' management teams.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:45 AM

People who say the CEO (and CEOs in general) is overpaid are dumb. You think it is easy to pull a massive, bloated company in a changing industry that people love to hate on out of bankruptcy?

And there is no CEO that barely works, whoever the idiot was that said that.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Girlfriend just left her NWA Flight Attendant job last month, mainly because of the BS both from the company and her union. She took a 40% pay cut, lost a lot of her benefits such as health benefits, crew meals when flying, and her layover time was greatly reduced. She stuck with the company throughout the bankruptcy. I guess she finally realized that things weren't changing, and had to leave a job she really loved doing. She got a standing ovation from her entire crew on her last flight because she was quitting. She said "It was the worst abusive relationship I've ever been in. They kept making promises that it would get better, and it never did."
Old 08-03-2007, 02:20 AM

You guys do realize that the government bails out these airlines every 18 months or so, right?

If I could do jack [censored] and not give a damn about my company but always get bailed out by the government, [censored], I would do that.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:21 AM

Slightly off topic: The working class whines about [censored] like this all the time. Whatev, that's the system. What I don't understand is why the poor of this country just relegate themselves to bitching and moaning and don't do something about it. Those who run the media seem to have done a great job convincing the less privileged that they should idolize the rich, when really it seems like the poor should hate them and make it their lives' mission to bring them the [censored] down and destroy them.

A little more on topic: I have literally no knowledge about this stuff so I'm probably wrong, but it seems like in other countries when [censored] happens, people take to the streets en masse. But you very, very rarely see that happen here on any impactful scale. When I was in Europe, you'd hear and see people striking and holding huge rallies all the time when they felt they could leverage it for better wages, conditions, etc. And while I have no idea how successful that has proven for them, it seems like maybe the biggest reason that doesn't happen here might be the privitization of health care. That's the best thing I could come up with anyway when I thought about it. The average Joe, while he may want to speak up and raise hell about whatever injustices he feels are being put on him, won't do anything but mutter insults in the break room or tell corporate to go to hell from the safety of his barstool on Saturday night because he can't afford to lose his health plan. I hear from people all the time how they hate their job "but the benefits are too good."

Just throwing it out there. If I'm wrong (and I probably am) somebody correct me.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:31 AM

damn i need to be a CEO
Old 08-03-2007, 02:41 AM

Meh - the pendelum will swing back the other way - in the mid 50's early 60's tax rates topped out at 90% - it's a matter of time....

MM MD
Old 08-03-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you all think(not about me not flying with them but what it appears they did to their employees)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're a big dummy.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you all think(not about me not flying with them but what it appears they did to their employees)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're a big dummy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you really don't like a company you'd still use them?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People who say the CEO (and CEOs in general) is overpaid are dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying Warren Buffett is dumb?