Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Help Me Badger Stars into HU Cash Games - Final Chapter?

[ QUOTE ]
u shouldnt get to sit at open tables waiting for fish if u arent willing to play the people already sitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Game selection goes out the window HU?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, if you're sitting at several empty tables and taking up too much space given the limited number of tables, then you deserve to have everyone just sit out at all your tables and make it so you can't play anyone because that is pretty douchy too.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh how do others feel about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree with it strongly. its an open table so anyone can sit. if someone else is on every table, then play them. if u dont wanna play them because they are better, sucks for you, get better and u can take over the table. thats part of the game imo. u shouldnt get to sit at open tables waiting for fish if u arent willing to play the people already sitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100%

If someone says they dont want to play me on ftp, i might not leave just cause im a jerk i guess, but I don't go and sit on all their tables and [censored] cause its uncapped. Since stars tables are capped, if I want to play and someone sits out vs me, well they better find a new game cause i am not getting up.

Same goes for me. I mean there is almost no one i wont play at 5/10, but if for some reason cts sat on all my tables, i would get up and he gets the table. That is just the food chain of hu ethics imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think only good people will agree with you here, and even then, some people won't want to play you because of how marginal ev it would be. Who doesn't want to maximize their winrate?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM

fwiw guys you cant just come up with some random rule and then slap "hu ethics" on the end of the sentence to try and legitimize it

if there are a limited number of tables and i happen to be sitting at 2 of them and dont want to play cts then too [censored] bad for cts, im not leaving the table
Old 08-03-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, if you're sitting at several empty tables and taking up too much space given the limited number of tables, then you deserve to have everyone just sit out at all your tables and make it so you can't play anyone because that is pretty douchy too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree with it strongly. its an open table so anyone can sit. if someone else is on every table, then play them. if u dont wanna play them because they are better, sucks for you, get better and u can take over the table. thats part of the game imo. u shouldnt get to sit at open tables waiting for fish if u arent willing to play the people already sitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100%

If someone says they dont want to play me on ftp, i might not leave just cause im a jerk i guess, but I don't go and sit on all their tables and [censored] cause its uncapped. Since stars tables are capped, if I want to play and someone sits out vs me, well they better find a new game cause i am not getting up.

Same goes for me. I mean there is almost no one i wont play at 5/10, but if for some reason cts sat on all my tables, i would get up and he gets the table. That is just the food chain of hu ethics imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think only good people will agree with you here, and even then, some people won't want to play you because of how marginal ev it would be. Who doesn't want to maximize their winrate?

[/ QUOTE ]

but by taking up all the (capped) tables and taking on the few regulars who will play you and who you are marginal EV against, you get to take ALL of the fish
Old 08-03-2007, 12:39 PM

well basically what I'm getting at, is FTP 25/50 is capped at 10 tables or so, and sometimes when I don't want Grimstarr to be able to play I will just sit at all of them (since he won't play me). It's nice because then I get all of the fish that want to play HU 25/50 at that time and that's worth dealing with any regular who wants to play. But I'm sure it pisses off some regulars who won't play me but want to sit and wait for fish.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:41 PM

this is why a capped number of tables is so stupid. yet uncapped is also stupid, because then everyone in this thread would be sat at 10 tables apiece and a fish would be confronted by 100 hu tables in the lobby.

i sympathise with stars.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:58 PM

uncapped table number, but each person allowed to sit at only 4? tables max. Would this solve our problems? EDIT: Probably not, would still be 100 tables full of mediocre players.... there has to be a more elegant solution to all this.

also a seperate HU tab in the lobby
Old 08-03-2007, 02:25 PM

what about uncapping the numbers of table but unlock new tables only if there are 5 or less tables not foul...
then if it surpass 10 tables...closed some tables when the sit-out period has exceed 5-10 minutes
Old 08-03-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'd be fine with someone like CTS sitting at all 10 5/10 HU tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah provided he's playing anyone that sits down

sponger good game selection is a big WR boost, but this is one of the downsides to it
Old 08-03-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw guys you cant just come up with some random rule and then slap "hu ethics" on the end of the sentence to try and legitimize it

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for something.