Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Brag: First Balla purchase!

he paid more than 2k for that watch.

balla watch.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its a nice watch and all, but gettin a $2k watch and thinking its really baller just seems so [censored] pointless. its one thing if you drop 20k on a watch and its kinda like yea whatever im a balla, now thats balla. but when you spend 2k and consider it really really balla, imo you could of bought something so much better for 2k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Downie

I don't understand what you are trying to say at all. If you buy a 20k watch, couldn't you buy something way more baller too?

Regards
NU Star

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparantly you can't read, moron. I am saying if you drop 20k on a watch and it isn't *that* big of a deal to you, that's balla as [censored]. But if you spend 2k or 6k on a watch and it's your most expensive purchase on such a "trivial" item, and it's a big deal, I just feel like you could buy something a lot better/more balla than a watch for that 6k. Simply no need to be a [censored] douchebag prick, why don't you hop on another mods nuts and call me a downie again.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:02 AM

the watch is balla. OP is not.

like if i save up for 5 years and buy a ferrari. the car is balla. i am not.

balla is being balla at everything. DUCY?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its a nice watch and all, but gettin a $2k watch and thinking its really baller just seems so [censored] pointless. its one thing if you drop 20k on a watch and its kinda like yea whatever im a balla, now thats balla. but when you spend 2k and consider it really really balla, imo you could of bought something so much better for 2k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Downie

I don't understand what you are trying to say at all. If you buy a 20k watch, couldn't you buy something way more baller too?

Regards
NU Star

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparantly you can't read, moron. I am saying if you drop 20k on a watch and it isn't *that* big of a deal to you, that's balla as [censored]. But if you spend 2k or 6k on a watch and it's your most expensive purchase on such a "trivial" item, and it's a big deal, I just feel like you could buy something a lot better/more balla than a watch for that 6k. Simply no need to be a [censored] douchebag prick, why don't you hop on another mods nuts and call me a downie again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I disagree with the way you are presenting your argument, I do agree with the logic behind it. If a 6k purchase is a super nice purchase for you, maybe it would be smarter to invest in something with that money, something that will actually go up in value rather than down. If you are at a point in life where you can potentially live off your investments alone and 6k isnt too much for you to spend on a trivial purchase, thats baller.

I have a Swiss Army watch that was given to me as a gift. It tells me what time it is and it looks nice. I have a friend that has bought two $8k gucci watches at separate times, both times he had never seen the watches before he bought them, they were both impulse buys and the watches werent chosen based on price, but looks. Thats baller.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:31 AM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

meh
Old 08-02-2007, 02:39 AM

cool, now you can tell time.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:42 AM

all i was doing was presenting an opinion. just so it is clear, buying a $2k, $6k, $20k watch, whatever, it's definitely [censored] balla either way.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude buying used watches is just not balla, sry

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, the word "balla" and "used" should never be allowed in the same sentence.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:27 AM

lol @ ppl who think ppl buy expensive watches for the sole purpose of telling time.

edit- nice watch OP.

brag: i got this last week

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/c...w=CV2010.BA0786
Old 08-02-2007, 04:54 AM

<--- just got breitling navitimer, its amazing