Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ___
Baylor 0 0%
Washington State (in Seattle) 8 100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: How Big Of A Life Nit Am I? (Cell phones on trains)

[ QUOTE ]
Someone who thinks it is rude for people to talk on phones on the train respond to the question about talking to the person next to you about the same topic in the same volume.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't bother me at all, and if you look at my explanation of what types of cell phone conversation are irritating it should make sense why not.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:35 AM

Sorry
Old 08-01-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

You seem to be a complete douche. Even though you were ultimately correct in the emergency-lane-blocker situation (it is bad to block the emergency lane), it was clear that your logic was ridiculously bad. Worse, you could not let the argument go.

Like a retarded clock, you might be right twice a day, but it sure ain't because you know what time it is.

Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does, tremendously. If you're referring to my logic stating that the people blocking the shoulder are also making first responder passage more difficult, that wasn't my logic.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone who thinks it is rude for people to talk on phones on the train respond to the question about talking to the person next to you about the same topic in the same volume.

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO, when you're talking in a confined space where there are a lot of other people trying to read or work silently, you should do so in a muted tone, whether you're talking on the phone or the person next to you. As mentioned above, I think it's just courteous, and believe it or not I'm a very courteous person.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

You seem to be a complete douche. Even though you were ultimately correct in the emergency-lane-blocker situation (it is bad to block the emergency lane), it was clear that your logic was ridiculously bad. Worse, you could not let the argument go.

Like a retarded clock, you might be right twice a day, but it sure ain't because you know what time it is.

Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does, tremendously. If you're referring to my logic stating that the people blocking the shoulder are also making first responder passage more difficult, that wasn't my logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT already answered this, but it wouldn't bother me. that's actual human interaction, not some dummy who can't sit still for ten minutes without having to bother some similarly moronic friend. read a book or stare out the window or something.

[ QUOTE ]

but this is why i have an ipod. i turn it up to 11 and imagine how utterly lost and terrified these people will be when/if some disaster strikes and we don't have things like nextel walkie-talkies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is small talk socialization over a cell phone a troubling culture shift? I guess I don't really get it; if the complaint is that people are constantly in need of rapid-fire low attention span stimulation, I think you can level very similar arguments towards Ipods.

People talking on the phone on the train generally doesn't bother me. On the rare occasions it does, it's because the person is either obnoxiously loud or I'm in a pissy mood. It does seem like an odd thing to get worked up about.

i thought i was a nit because i get pissed off at people who leave garbage behind in the theater at the end of a movie, but you are clearly in another category altogether.

if it bothers you that much just get an ipod
Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT already answered this, but it wouldn't bother me. that's actual human interaction, not some dummy who can't sit still for ten minutes without having to bother some similarly moronic friend. read a book or stare out the window or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This attitude is bizarre to me. What makes talking over the phone inauthentic human interaction? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of the phone, but you're still talking to people for [censored]'s sake.