Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Iron Chef trip report - complete with Iris sighting

[ QUOTE ]

We started with the Gnocchi Fritto. It's hard to describe I suppose. No potato is involved, rather they are something akin to deep fried breadsticks seasoned with chili flake and cheese. Quite tasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

order it with prosciutto wrapped, or with the lardo wrapped - its amazing. I spent 3 hours there today at the bar eating my heart out until I was ready to pass out.

Gnocco Frito w/Prosciutto, Spagetti ala Carbonara, Veal-Ricotta Polpette (amazingly good!), two 250ml wine pourings, three digestifs (they brought out a flight, on the house - wow!), and i finished it off with an illy machiatto.

I'd like to point out that they have the best espresso I've had in Vegas, Illy visits the restauraunt 1x/week to tune the espresso machine - wow!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TT,

Maybe you've already done it (if so, please link) but is there any chance you (or anyone for that matter) could post a dinner/meal related trip report where you had an excellent Las Vegas meal with friends for let's say $10 to $20 bucks per person?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of my favs are Noodles at Bellagio, Lotus of Siam (#1 rated restauraunt for locals) for Vietnamese, the Malaysian dive restauraunt across the street from Lotus of Siam (both are in a shopping mall on Sahara, where the world famous Green Door swingers club is located), Chicago Joe's for Italian (4th Ave downtown), Salt Lick BBQ at RedRock, and Gayloard for Indian are my local cost effective haunts. I haven't explored the cheaper food spots as much as I should, I eat fast quite often (which isn't the smartest but it saves me time).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lotus of Siam is Thai. It's also well worth the trip three-quarters of a mile East of the Strip. if you like spicy food make sure you get their Issan (Northern Thai) menu, which sometimes you have to ask for.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:51 AM

TT-
This post is perfect. I'm taking my wife to Vegas on Weds for her Birthday and I made reservations for B&B that evening. I'm already excited to eat there. Do they have a fixed price menu or is it best ala carte?
Thanks,
Mr. C
Old 08-06-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT-
This post is perfect. I'm taking my wife to Vegas on Weds for her Birthday and I made reservations for B&B that evening. I'm already excited to eat there. Do they have a fixed price menu or is it best ala carte?
Thanks,
Mr. C

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell Mrs C that they have both ala carte and pre fix. Ayyyyyyyy!!!!!! Post a report in this thread please, I'm hungry.