Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Girls and choice of words

[ QUOTE ]
rofl, she just randomly texted me. i win, amiright

[/ QUOTE ]

variance?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:42 PM

this gal is not for me, lol
just snowflakes with sugar plums for me
and a creative mind, able to draw me as a cartoon figurine maybe would be fun
Old 07-28-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rofl, she just randomly texted me. i win, amiright

[/ QUOTE ]

variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. not until shes like "ohhh ohhhh ohhh". So many things can randomly go wrong
Old 07-28-2007, 10:40 PM

OP, listen to DB, he knowth of what he preach (cliffs notes):

[ QUOTE ]
If a girl asks me what im planning on doing, it means she wants to do something with me. Its very simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that complicated. To repeat: She is not your friend. She is not (yet) your girlfriend.
Man up.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:30 PM

Wow!

Reading this thread makes me feel like there is a huge generation gap and I am only 28.

There is absolutely no way that I would be able to give decent advice.

One decade ago, you asked for a girl's phone number and hoped that her mom or dad answered the phone. We got wiser and bought pagers, but no one ever carried quarters, and then the pay phones shut off their tone receptors after the call went through.

I did attempt to date a 21 year old when I was 26 and that did not go well at all. I was still stuck on lets go out and have fun, she was lets stay in and eat here. So, yes, it seems that girls that age are not interested in "dating." I don't know exactly how you by-pass the "dating" and get to "doing" but I have to say it seems way too hard.

So, yeah, dude, my first thought was the the BUD should be BUT, if she is using qwerty, the keys aren't that hard to fat-thumb.

But really guys, pick up the phone and risk looking like a fool, I have never texted anyone, and I never will. (btw, texting is not a word).
Old 07-29-2007, 06:21 PM

Good point about the generation gap. I've never been a fan of doing anything one way or the other just because you're "supposed to," and I think women often like it when a guy has the confidence to do whatever and not look around everywhere for approval and atta-boys from anyone. However, many women are not only slaves to fashion, including behavioral fashion, but find anything outside it unacceptable. So being yourself is always taking a chance, and you're sometimes more successful being anything but yourself.

But that's not necessarily the type of success, with the type of person, that's interesting, either. I'm pretty happy cutting to the chase and losing a few along the way, though, because I know there are more out there and both they and I deserve to be with people who make them happy. Younger guys often don't realize that, so a loss can seem traumatic.

I suppose people might be best off adapting what they do and say to their psychological strength at the time, at least sometimes. But overall, it's probably better to risk more failure and get in good mental and emotional habits than have the occasional success by being someone you're not and jumping through ridiculous hoops for someone. Those successes are fleeting anyway, because sooner or later you're going to want to be yourself, even if you're with that person for the rest of your life. Which you could wind up resenting if you set it up under false pretexts.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:38 PM

hmm...i'm not worried about failure or getting turned down. I was just unsure about some of her choice words...
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 PM

Lurker in love? change gear, relax and lean back

,peace
Old 07-29-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lurker in love?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol
Old 07-29-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm...i'm not worried about failure or getting turned down. I was just unsure about some of her choice words...

[/ QUOTE ]

you are contradicting yourself! if you dont care about failure, then you shouldnt care about potential indicators that failure might be imminent!