Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: 98s small blind steal.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the UTG limp is terrifying

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this? Just because he's short enough that he should open push rather than limp increasing the likelihood of him having a monster or because with the potential dead money in the pot, he should be calling with basically anything he limped in, or is there something else I don't see?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:01 PM

This is fine. Even if UTG calls you are likely to be HU and have a good layover from the other limpers.

NH.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely no reason to push here, except that OP is suffering from Fancy Play Syndrome. It's only level 5 of the tournament, why are you risking your entire 3k stack in an attempt to steal 675 chips? Sure, most of the time you'll take it down and feel like a great champion, but occasionally you'll get called by AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, TT, 88, KQo, and god knows what else. Stop being a greedy lagtard. Just complete your SB and see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree... I hate the push here with your hand. You are in a multi-way pot with a nice suited connector. Why not see a flop and take down a HUGE pot if you hit it. If you miss, you are out 150. If you hit the flop hard you can take down a much bigger pot than the 675 you are trying to steal.

UTG is probably calling here almost always with a huge range that is ahead of you.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the UTG limp is terrifying

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this? Just because he's short enough that he should open push rather than limp increasing the likelihood of him having a monster or because with the potential dead money in the pot, he should be calling with basically anything he limped in, or is there something else I don't see?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both good reasons..