Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: 2+2 Fantasy Football

I've been in these leagues for years, have run them, and play in multiple sports. From my experience, these are solid rules for football. The QB ones are actually real tight, with only potential tweak int's being -2. There are league with 6 per ptd which is atrocious. The only other tweak we have made over the years and go back and forth on is the balance between RB and WR, so there is a fine line with the reception points and carry points.. sometimes have gone where RBs are 1 per 2 rec and WR are 1 per 1 or that WRs get in to a 1 per 1 after 5th catch, etc. Most of the imbalance, if any, from my experience is getting WRs (being the deepest position in the league) better equated with RBs, which are clearly the driving force behind a successful team and are much thinner when looking over production ranges and players.

Just my experience..
Old 07-26-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Relatively standard scoring system would go something like this;

Passing: 1 per 25 yds, 1 per 5 comps, 4 per td, -1 per int

Rushing: 1 per 10 yds, 1 per 5 att, 6 per td

Receiving: 1 per 10 yds, 1 per 2 rec, 6 per td

Any fumble is -2

[/ QUOTE ]

Or say a QB threw for 2 TD's but only 50 yards. Should that really be worth more than a QB who threw for 300 yards but no TD's?

[/ QUOTE ]

4*2 + (1/25)*50 = 10
4*0 + (1/25)*300 = 12
Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Any fumble is -2

[/ QUOTE ]

Or say a QB threw for 2 TD's but only 50 yards. Should that really be worth more than a QB who threw for 300 yards but no TD's?

[/ QUOTE ]

4*2 + (1/25)*50 = 10
4*0 + (1/25)*300 = 12

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ok my mistake. Just add another TD in, so 3 TD's and 50 yards = more valueable than 300 yards and no TD's.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been in these leagues for years, have run them, and play in multiple sports. From my experience, these are solid rules for football. The QB ones are actually real tight, with only potential tweak int's being -2. There are league with 6 per ptd which is atrocious. The only other tweak we have made over the years and go back and forth on is the balance between RB and WR, so there is a fine line with the reception points and carry points.. sometimes have gone where RBs are 1 per 2 rec and WR are 1 per 1 or that WRs get in to a 1 per 1 after 5th catch, etc. Most of the imbalance, if any, from my experience is getting WRs (being the deepest position in the league) better equated with RBs, which are clearly the driving force behind a successful team and are much thinner when looking over production ranges and players.

Just my experience..

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno any system where a TD is even worth twice as much as an INT let alone 4 times in my opinion just isn't realistic.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just my experience..

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno any system where a TD is even worth twice as much as an INT let alone 4 times in my opinion just isn't realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it is.. TD/Int ratios are much higher than TD/fumble for RBs and WRs.. there is no rule in what the scoring should be, but ultimately these leagues are scoring leagues and attempt the make all players equal value given 1) depth at the position, 2) lineup makeup (amount of player you play at a position) and 3) performance.. the real goal is to get these things balanced more so than what makes sense within a position. The truth is, if you go -2 or -1 or -3 on QBs for INTs with 4 per TD, it wouldn't make much of an impact overall.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Any fumble is -2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4*2 + (1/25)*50 = 10
4*0 + (1/25)*300 = 12

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ok my mistake. Just add another TD in, so 3 TD's and 50 yards = more valueable than 300 yards and no TD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

TDs is ultimately what football is about...
Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Any fumble is -2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4*2 + (1/25)*50 = 10
4*0 + (1/25)*300 = 12

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TDs is ultimately what football is about...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed but TD's are often skewed. IE the QB drives the ball down the whole field and the RB just has to punch it in. Yards/Field position are huge in football as well. TD's are still very important in this league, I just feel like i've evened out a little more with yards being more important than other leagues.

INT's likewise are a huge negative. Not only do you lose the possession but you always either lose a very easy scoring opporunity or give your opponent great field position. Great QB's take care of the ball and usually have 2:1 or 3:1 TD/INT ratios. The bad QB's get punished more for throwing more INTS.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:57 PM

I am big on performance, huge.. but I think the standardish scoring makeup does a good job of keeping that balanced. There are many leagues who don't give points for receptions, carries, completions, etc... all of those things help the performance fans.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:02 AM

Personally I like 4 for a passing TD -2 for an INT, 6 for a rush/rec TD -2 for a fumble
Old 07-27-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am big on performance, huge.. but I think the standardish scoring makeup does a good job of keeping that balanced.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think a medicore QB such as Eli Manning should be more valueable than say Marvin Harrison?